• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Any love for the life capsules?

I'm curious if anybody uses any of the life capsules... They seem kinda neat, but is the bulk worth while, given the amount of gear they accommodate?

TAD Gear has been making these for while:

1222147572_m.jpg

img_9885_copy1_copy2.jpg

Navatur:

GB-Navatur.jpg

I use County Comm tube vaults. Good capacity, practically as durable as metal, contents are visible, and I can swap caps for color-coding by saving them from different sodas. Much less expensive, too.

Those look like they could have been useful for spies during WWII, when going through checkpoints.

I use County Comm tube vaults. Good capacity, practically as durable as metal, contents are visible, and I can swap caps for color-coding by saving them from different sodas. Much less expensive, too.

Hey those look great, thanks for the steer!

Those look like they could have been useful for spies during WWII, when going through checkpoints.

Yep, they do have that look don't they.

In my Maxpedition MPB:

small gadgets: sliver grippers, nail clipper, emery boards, lip balm.
Tums
cough drops
honey (diabetic emergency sugar)
water
pills
red wine
white wine

Each tube vault holds about 2 oz.
Same item at a better price than Count Comm: baby soda bottles

Talfuchre made up a very sweet compact fishing kit using one.

I've got some CountyComm tube vaults too...I got a bunch, and haven't found uses for all of them yet...

But i've got a sewing/repair kit in one, another batteries, spare flashlight o-rings and a couple other oddments. In my main FAK i've got two filled with various common meds.

Back