Any Old-Timers stop by?

It's not about how old you are, it's about how old you feel.

On second thought, forget about what I just said...

It's nice seeing all these familiar faces/posters in this thread.

BruiseLeee, you still crack me up. :) Please stick around.

baghead bruise lee of HI.jpgIt's good to see some of the old familiar names posting. Got an email from Aardvark the other day, apparently he's arming himself to combat an invasion of critters intent on savoring his garden. I could have told the critters you don't want to awaken a sleeping terror.

Let's see if I can find more Bruise Art. :)

Very nice to see the names that were here when I joined. Yes the names are different and some thinking is different also. The khukuris are still here, some new models have been produced in the last few years. Very nice

Are you still luring people out to the woods and cooking them in your Dutch Oven?
Why yes he is....matter of fact. Now I understand why we only ever hear his side of those trips. No internet connection inside the wildmanhs gullet.

Howdy Folks !!!

Good to see you posting. Maybe this is a trend. Heck, Bruise was asking about sharpening in another thread.

Speaking of whom, lessee if I've got any more Bruise Art classics.

Apparently, I can't attach anymore. Ah well. Envision Bruise Art.

Last edited:
Occasionally stopping buy always puts some more steel under the bed! Great to see all the love still abounds here!

Hey y'all. All is well out my way. Haven't been buying many khukuris since Aunt Yangdu started hosting the pics on a service that is blocked so I can't see them!

But still use the ones I have.

Hey y'all. All is well out my way. Haven't been buying many khukuris since Aunt Yangdu started hosting the pics on a service that is blocked so I can't see them!

But still use the ones I have.

She uses photobucket, so I don't understand why it would be blocked for you.

I still peek in now and then, too. KatClaws and I bought a new place almost two years ago, and it's taking longer to "settle in" than we thought. We will always remember the kindness and generosity of the Cantina folks when we got married. :)

I still peek in now and then, too. KatClaws and I bought a new place almost two years ago, and it's taking longer to "settle in" than we thought. We will always remember the kindness and generosity of the Cantina folks when we got married. :)

Good to see you, Mac, as well as the others who have trickled in since the original post.

Interesting to me is the adventures some of the oldies have gone on...Andy and Dan (Fiddleback and Pendentative) are now well-respected and successful knifemakers, with their own forums; folks have bred, and gotten dead, moved to various new niches in the social strata--single to married, married to married with spawn, married to single, and a couple, married to married to someone else. I think Sarge is running an historical site down in FL after retiring from the Air Force, at least one person is showing all the signs of being career military, and Yvsa has been hanging out on a new level of spirituality for a number of years.

Like most special times, it was peopled with a patchwork of personalities and skills, beliefs and interests, and humor and insights that created and adjusted to an evolving formulation of "chemistry" that was just perfect for its moments of existence.

Kinda neat.

:

Good to see you, Mac, as well as the others who have trickled in since the original post.

Interesting to me is the adventures some of the oldies have gone on...Andy and Dan (Fiddleback and Pendentative) are now well-respected and successful knifemakers, with their own forums; folks have bred, and gotten dead, moved to various new niches in the social strata--single to married, married to married with spawn, married to single, and a couple, married to married to someone else. I think Sarge is running an historical site down in FL after retiring from the Air Force, at least one person is showing all the signs of being career military, and Yvsa has been hanging out on a new level of spirituality for a number of years.

Like most special times, it was peopled with a patchwork of personalities and skills, beliefs and interests, and humor and insights that created and adjusted to an evolving formulation of "chemistry" that was just perfect for its moments of existence.

Kinda neat.

:

It's great to see some of the old names still around...even if a few of them are only in spirit.
I drop in rarely and post even less. I should remedy that.
Its good to see a good group of people still enjoy this special place..

Been a long time, but just found a BAS model in dad's closet that I gave him as a gift over a decade ago. Had a bit of rust that I removed and polished up. Still a wicked implement and haven't been by for nearly as long.

I remember a line from a not-so-hot movie that stuck in my memory.

"There was a time."

Makes me smile, still, for there indeed was a time, and the remembrance of it still brings warmth.

Be gentle with yourselves.

Last edited:
I remember a line from a not-so-hot movie that stuck in my memory.

"There was a time."

Makes me smile, still, for there indeed was a time, and the remembrance of still brings warmth.

Be gentle with yourselves.

There certainly was. This was once the most active, laid back, informative and humorous sub-forum on this site and Uncle Bill was a big part of that, as were many of those posting on this thread. Thanks for the many good memories.

n2s

Back