Any traditional FMA in Vancouver BC?

I am moving to BC the Sept. I finally will be in a place where I can get good FMA. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Psy

Thanks Juramentado.

I can't believe they are having a free training session with local groups a few days before I get there.

Good Modern Arnis school in Victoria, I'm not sure about the couv.

I'm personally leery of anything that calls itself "FMA" in my experience they are often taught by people who are/were instructors in other arts, went to a few seminars held by real escrimadors/arnisadors/(maybe Kalistas?) and decided to teach some pidgin of their own are and whatever they learned. I've had much better experiences with people who actually teach a real style.

Excluding what I mentioned above I do remember hearing that someone was teaching Dog Brothers over there. Good luck.

. . . in my experience they are often taught by people who are/were instructors in other arts, went to a few seminars held by real escrimadors/arnisadors/(maybe Kalistas?) and decided to teach some pidgin of their own are and whatever they learned. I've had much better experiences with people who actually teach a real style.

OMG! Somebody's actually saying gospel here!

You guys can not believe just how many foreigners have come down here and did/do just that! I mean a lot of "paper qualification" instructors who just went here for a couple of sessions and with some photos of guro/maestro _______ which they proudly emblazon in their own schools to add to their supposed cred!

Back