ANYBODY ELSE FROM N.C.?????

Bob - There's a gun and knife show in Charlotte coming up on April 8th. The whole crew will be there. We'll do the BBQ lunch again. We meet at 9:00am at the show. You're welcome to join us for the show and lunch. If you're into knives, the lunch is a can't-miss opportunity. Check out the pics in the thread above to see how much fun we have. Feel free to drop me a line at senator@carolina.rr.com and I'll give you more details.

------------------
Kelly

SenatorsPlace.com
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

There is also a C+E gun/knife show in Greenville,SC at the Palmetto Expo this weekend, March 25+26. That`s not too far,and there should be a number of knife purveyors there.Let me know if you are going,I am trying to work it out to go on Sat.and maybe we could meet-up.
David

Oops!! Missed the roll call.
smile.gif

I live in Fayetteville N.C. Home of Ft. Bragg, N.C.
So there are three Bladeforum members in one place. We almost have the most members in one city. (Charlotte has us beat.) You would think with 40,000plus troops at Ft. Bragg we would have more members, but I suppose we need to spread the word here in Fayetteville about Bladeforums.
One of these days I will make it to a saturday show. I might have to take vacation, but I'll be there. Maybe the show in September.
smile.gif

Blades

I’m as far EAST as anyone being from Jacksonville. RadarMan is from Jacksonville also. One day will invite all you western Carolinian’s out here and then we’ll see who the whiners really are …
smile.gif

------------------
“We are the pilgrims masters; we shall go, always, a little farther.”

Scott - bring it on!!! LOL
smile.gif

------------------
Dexter Ewing
AKTI Member # A000005

Living life "on the edge"

I plan on taking a vacation day for custom knife show in September. Are the NC Knife Knuts still planning to get together?? Hope to meet everyone!!
smile.gif

Blades

Absolutely! We'll all be there when the show opens on Saturday. If you want, I'll add you to my NCKK mailing list to keep you up to date on all of our big gatherings/times/places. Just drop me an e-mail at senator@carolina.rr.com and I'll put you on the list.

------------------
Kelly
My Custom Knife Collection
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

Senator,
Emailed ya again. My email is coming and going. Yahoo has a slight glitch. I received your email. Thanks for adding me to the list.

Blades

Hey I just realized - I'm from NC too. Just moved here a few months ago. I plan on going to the show this weekend. Hope to meet you guys there. I saw some pictures from one of the shows you attended. So exactly how many knives to I need to have on me to join the fun?
smile.gif

Later,
Troy

Hello all,
I'm amazed at how many of us NC guys (and gals?) are here! I've been to the knife/gun shows several times before I discovered the bladeforum. Maybe I'll meet one of you at a future show (if I'm not working of course).
Take it easy.
allenC in Gastonia.

I am from N.C. I see you like Spydercos. I do to. I am thinning out my collection. If there is anything you want let me know because 9 times out of 10 I have it. See ya.
michael

After yet another great show this past weekend (SECKS), I've gotta admit - we Carolinians have got it good. We bought/sold/traded knives to/from each other, we had a great dinner Friday night with some great knifemakers, gave Chris Raymond a hard time
biggrin.gif
, we met even more NC/SC/TN folks at the show. To top it all off, we even had our own booth at the show. The ususal suspects came by to watch our table and gave me and David plenty of breaks to go walk the show. Dexter put us up for the weekend. Doggone we had a blast. I'm already looking forward to next year.

NC is also the home of the most active knifemakers guild in the country. In addition to putting on the SECKS show, they have quarterly meetings that feature demonstrations by some of the best makers around. The last meeting (which is free BTW) had demos by the Jones Bros (flat grinding and handle fitting), Wayne Whitley (hollow grinding), George Herron (guard fitting and grinding a bowie on a "tabletop" grinder), Scott Goguen (forging and clay tempering), and more. They offer some great knifemaking classes at Montgomery Community College in Troy, NC. This year's classes included instructors Ed Halligan, Ron Newton, Jim Batson, Darrel Ralph, Bill Moran, and George Herron. The quarterly meetings alone are worth the $50 annual fee. Check out their website at http://www.ncknifeguild.org/ .

If anyone is interested in being put on the NC Knife Knuts mailing list, just drop me a line at senator@carolina.rr.com with your e-mail addy, name, and forum name. I periodically send out announcements of upcoming NCKK gatherings. We have our two big events - the Blade Show and the SECKS - and our monthly/bi-monthly gatherings at the gun/knife shows in Charlotte, Winston-Salem, and Greensboro. Every once in a while David and I will take off for a show in Columbia. (and every once in a while Chris Raymond will show up on time...
wink.gif
)

All-in-all, the NC gang has it real good. I'm very thankful for that.

------------------
Kelly
My Custom Knife Collection
AKTI Member #A000289

Deo Vindice

I am a little north of ya'll up in Virginia, but one of my best friends lives in Concord outside of Charlotte. He's a non computer person but one of the nicest people in the world. His name is Paul Lentz. Anyone know him? He's a big Buck knife collector and displays every year at the Blade Show.

------------------
John Foresman
Lifetime member Buck collectors club
Member NKCA
Member AKTI

Back