Anybody else like wharncliffes? (pic included)

Here is a BIG one that I made about 10 years ago. It's 11" long with a 5 1/4" blade.
View

I thought the material was M2 but it shows NO signs of discoloration??? It's 3/16" thick and WAY beyond SCARY sharp!! I've tried several times to make a sheath for it but because of the odd shape, found it impossible
eek.gif

Neil

------------------
Talonite......Stellite
Hand Made Knives..High Tech Materials
blackwoodknives.com

Neil, that is a serious piece, do you still have it?

G2

I like them too. Here is a new one for the Blade Show. The FACILITATOR
Regards,
Mike Snody
looks odd = tip is stuck in felt
www.snodyknives.com
ccknife.jpg

[This message has been edited by Mike Snody (edited 05-30-2001).]

Here is a picture of one that I just finished this last week.
It has a 3 inch blade of forged 5160-Nickel Silver guard-and a 3 1/4 inch handle of Waterbuffalo Horn and nickel silver pins
May24_07warncliff.jpg

Hope you like it.
Bruce

------------------
Bruce Evans Handcrafted Knives
The soul of the Knife begins in the Fire!!!!!
Member of,AKTI#A000223 and The American Bladesmith Society
asmallpicofbruceforforums.jpg

Gary,
YES, I still have it. I have most of my early knives. I don't often show them off though
wink.gif
This big wharnliffe is actually pretty cool. It gets pulled from the fireplace mantle when my buddies start cheating at darts or the BS gets out of hand while watching stock car racing.....all in fun though, THANK GOD!!
We should start a thread of knifemakers EARLY works of art
smile.gif
I have a few that would good for some laughs!!

Neil

------------------
Talonite......Stellite
Hand Made Knives..High Tech Materials
blackwoodknives.com

Man, did this thread turn out fantastic! Problem is.... I WANT EACH AND EVERY KNIFE PICTURED HERE!!!
smile.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
I think Lord Wharncliffe would be pleased, too.

View

3 1/4" ATS-34 at 59-60 RC, Devin Thomas mokume bolsters and African Blackwood handle. Photo by Richard Todd.

Wow Brett! That is another winner. I wish I smart enough to figure out how to work my scanner, so I could post pics of the wharncliffe you made for me. It's a great, and functional design. Great bladeshape for daily carry. I love it.

Gotta agree with JR on that one. It really is a super looking knife. Love those bolsters. Dont sweat it JR...once the Tulsa show (or sooner if we can arange it) hits, bring that Bennett and all your other cool knives, and we'll get all the pics ya want
smile.gif

BTW, anybody wanna explain to me what mokume is??

------------------
Richard Todd - Digital knife photography
My WebSite

Beautiful knives in this thread.

As far as mokume this page tells it better than I can post it.

Don't tell Les, 'cause in Japanese mokume means "somthing that should not be on a kinfe". Personally I love it on some designs, and I have become very fond of heat colored damascus also, but we won't tell him that
smile.gif

------------------
" The real art of living is to keep alive the longing in human beings to become greater versions of themselves." Laurens Van der Post in memory of James Mattis

wharn350.jpg

We haven't heard from Ed since December, but me makes a great knife.

[This message has been edited by not2sharp (edited 06-01-2001).]

Well I am now the proud owner of Mr.Rosvall's
Wharncliffe. Actually my wife is. As some of you know Im lucky enough to have a wife who enjoys my hobby almost as much as I do. I bought it as a gift and let me tell you that picture doesnt do it not a lick of justice. I recieved it today and was blown away. I could give you all the super dupper knife details but bottom line is this is a very unique well done, little stunner. I also recieved some forged Braclets as well and I cant begin to tell you how this little package from the postman perked up my wifes day. The braclets were also outstanding! Mr.Rosvall was a pleasure to do business with and I would highly recommend him. Im so glad I jumped on this. Just for the reaction from the missus. I think Im going to do a nice leather sheath for it. I (of course) will take some of my own pictures of the knife and try to get them on my site soon. I hope that I can do it justice??

------------------
Alex

My Knife Page

[This message has been edited by Boriqua (edited 06-02-2001).]

Here is a picture of my favorite wharncliffe:
View

Andrew McLurkin made it. It has Daryl Meir damascus blade, Eggerling mosaic damascus bolsters, and tiger coral scales. I love this knife!
michael
biggrin.gif

------------------
"For the Word of God is living and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword."
Heb. 4:12

Usual Suspect
Its an Emerson thing. You wouldn't understand.

My Emerson collection:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1526731&a=12341786

Here is one by Neil Blackwood, Dr. Lathe on the forums, Desert Ironwood and Stellite, very handy wharncliff!

Thanks for sharing, Gary. That really looks like it would be a pleasure to hold and use. Any pictures of a sheath for that one yet? Great job, Neil!:)

Originally posted by richard rosvall
Thanks for sharing, Gary. That really looks like it would be a pleasure to hold and use. Any pictures of a sheath for that one yet? Great job, Neil!:)

It is very grip friendly on that knife, and it came with a nice kydex sheath from Neil, I may make one out of leather if I get a break, but working in leather, it's like the Cobbler, his kids go without shoes...I tend to use what I have and since there is a useable sheath with it I'll probably use that for a long time ;)

G2

Back