1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody EO mod a Lionsteel Roundhead or Dom yet?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by PeteyTwoPointOne, Oct 13, 2018 at 11:10 PM.

1. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Not that it'd NEED it.

I just like the aesthetics of EO'ers. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

And I'm wondering if one would look as good IRL as I'd imagine it would

>>> so post up a pic or two if ya have one, please...thank you! :)

2. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    As a person who has modified many a knife, often on a whim, including performing an EO notch on a boy's knife, I encourage you to practice one one or two Rough Riders and then jump in the deep end on the Lionsteel, and show us the results!

JTB_5, JohnDF and bosh like this.
  3. seabil

seabil

Apr 8, 2015
    I lack the skill and set up. I have not even done the long planned handles for my spydie mules.... but looking at my Dom and roundheads, seems like they could be modified a bunch of ways. The scales are screwed on, so they could changed out without problem it would seem. If I could, I would do a full wood scale in an exotic wood. The titanium could anodized (dark blue) or textured, just dimbled or fancy engraving would look really cool. I have an extra roundhead if someone is up for it!
    Bill

4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I'd like to see somebody fill in an EO notch for a change :D That would be a challenging mod;)

waverave, Cutfinger, Pàdruig and 3 others like this.
  5. seabil

seabil

Apr 8, 2015
    The liners are Ti if I recall, so I am thinking challenging indeed!

6. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Nope, I left it as is and got the Viper EO Teardrop:)

Will Power likes this.
  7. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    And I have the perfect knife for that project. An eo 25 where the notch is superfluous. IMG_4796~2-1024x768.JPG

redsparrow likes this.
  8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    There's some great wood on that gem Alan :thumbsup: But filing the gap's going to be 'challenging';)

I've begun to dare to dream that one day EO notches will be but a memory....;):D:D

Cutfinger likes this.
  9. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I've gotten used to it and I have one other where it's practical. This one however is a puzzle because the blade can't be opened using the notch.

10. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Couldn’t open my Navy Lambsfoots without the EO notch

11. traumkommode

Dec 3, 2015
    I kinda want to volunteer to attempt that, just to see how it would turn out. I'm thinking maybe make several small inserts based on a trace of the notch curve, set with epoxy, and fine-sand to finish.

12. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Brave idea! Have to get the wood to match, very challenging indeed, but not impossible-and not without reason ;):thumbsup:

13. traumkommode

Dec 3, 2015
    I was kinda thinking a contrast wood and make little half Moon inlays. Maybe a nice light maple or something.

Will Power likes this.
  14. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    :thumbsup: