1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody EO mod a Lionsteel Roundhead or Dom yet?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by PeteyTwoPointOne, Oct 13, 2018.

1. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Not that it'd NEED it.

I just like the aesthetics of EO'ers. :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:

And I'm wondering if one would look as good IRL as I'd imagine it would

>>> so post up a pic or two if ya have one, please...thank you! :)

2. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    As a person who has modified many a knife, often on a whim, including performing an EO notch on a boy's knife, I encourage you to practice one one or two Rough Riders and then jump in the deep end on the Lionsteel, and show us the results!

JTB_5, JohnDF and bosh like this.
  3. seabil

seabil

Apr 8, 2015
    I lack the skill and set up. I have not even done the long planned handles for my spydie mules.... but looking at my Dom and roundheads, seems like they could be modified a bunch of ways. The scales are screwed on, so they could changed out without problem it would seem. If I could, I would do a full wood scale in an exotic wood. The titanium could anodized (dark blue) or textured, just dimbled or fancy engraving would look really cool. I have an extra roundhead if someone is up for it!
    Bill

4. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    I'd like to see somebody fill in an EO notch for a change :D That would be a challenging mod;)

waverave, Cutfinger, Pàdruig and 3 others like this.
  5. seabil

seabil

Apr 8, 2015
    The liners are Ti if I recall, so I am thinking challenging indeed!

6. Jody744

Jody744 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Nope, I left it as is and got the Viper EO Teardrop:)

Will Power likes this.
  7. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    And I have the perfect knife for that project. An eo 25 where the notch is superfluous. IMG_4796~2-1024x768.JPG

redsparrow likes this.
  8. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    There's some great wood on that gem Alan :thumbsup: But filing the gap's going to be 'challenging';)

I've begun to dare to dream that one day EO notches will be but a memory....;):D:D

Cutfinger likes this.
  9. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I've gotten used to it and I have one other where it's practical. This one however is a puzzle because the blade can't be opened using the notch.

10. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Couldn’t open my Navy Lambsfoots without the EO notch

11. traumkommode

Dec 3, 2015
    I kinda want to volunteer to attempt that, just to see how it would turn out. I'm thinking maybe make several small inserts based on a trace of the notch curve, set with epoxy, and fine-sand to finish.

12. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Brave idea! Have to get the wood to match, very challenging indeed, but not impossible-and not without reason ;):thumbsup:

13. traumkommode

Dec 3, 2015
    I was kinda thinking a contrast wood and make little half Moon inlays. Maybe a nice light maple or something.

Will Power likes this.
  14. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    :thumbsup: