Anybody got Knife Mousepads?

I'm so sick of hi-tech mouse pads!
frown.gif
Been using these for years and it's time for a change!

I would like to see a mouse pad with a knife theme! I see all sorts of pretty themes, but no knife theme so far.

Hey Mike and Spark,

Make me a BladeForums mouse pad with some of your neat monthly knife giveaway themes on them and I'll bet you'll sell a ton of em. These are low cost to produce, and you should be able to put em in your store! I've got 7 computers right now that need cool mousepads (well, maybe only 6 - my wife probably wouldn't want one)!
smile.gif

I'm up for that- If you build it, they will come... Hopefully more than the BF Natives...

Bob, now THAT is what I call a NEAT idea!
smile.gif

If the price is right, I might even get a dozen!
smile.gif
And I'm not kidding either.. hehe..

I'm also sick and tired of my old mouse pads.. time to move up a notch!

Dan

If you make the mouse-pads, just make sure to make them the type with the plastic tops over the neoprene, not just the open neoprene. The neoprene just collects dirt and oil, you can wipe the plastic ones down. What about a 3-D (hologram) picture of some killer knife like a Sebenza or some other killer knife. Licensing could be a prob, but it's worth a shot.
Just my 2 cents. -Krumbs

3D hologram would be really cool. Might cost a bit more, but it would be worth it!

Good practical stuff. It must be cleanable, but it also must have enough adhesion to let the mouse track properly.

A hologram that has assorted views of open and closed folders or sheathed or unsheathed fixed blades depending on your viewing angle would be really cool.

------------------
Ron

Is that thing shar...OW!

As I recall,Kinko Copy Centers had an ad that said they would make mousepads from your photos. I don't know what type of pads they make. Will try to find out. I don't use a pad as I have a trackball.

------------------
Those who beat their arms into plowshares will plow for those who do not

http://www.kinkos.com/ Navigate to their section on personalized gifts. They make mousepads from photos.

------------------
Those who beat their arms into plowshares will plow for those who do not

K-mart will do this also. I think I paid about $14 a couple of years ago.
Mike K

A while back there were spyderco mouse pads
available- I have a couple in my collection of misc. knife products. Post to rec' knives it's a good chance some dealer has some left.

A while ago I saw a special pad of paper / mouse pad for sale -- the label said it was special paper with just the right surface texture to work as a mouse pad.

It looked like ordinary paper to me ... felt like ordinary paper ... smelled like ordinary paper ... I went home and tried my mouse on an ordinary pad of paper and it works great.

You could draw knives on the top sheet. As your taste in knives changes you could keep tearing off the top sheet and drawing new ones.
smile.gif

-Cougar Allen :{)

I would buy a few mouse pad's !
The 3-D does sound sick.

------------------
"ALWAYS WATCH YOUR SIX"

[This message has been edited by jacko (edited 03 September 1999).]

Thanks to Hugh Fuller I've got my first (of 7) knife oriented mousepad. I'm still looking for 6 more. Also special thanks to Spyderco (Danelle) for sending this to Hugh a few months ago.

James, that Matriarch scan you did would make a lovely mousepad! There's hundreds more that would also be really great - like the one Heyns did for us of the Civilian-Matriarch-Harpy family. Love to see Darrel Ralphs Krait on a mousepad. There's so many really great scans it's impossible to remember them all.

I'm still looking for mousepads.
smile.gif

Hmmm, maybe I should start a mousepad service. I could figure out how/where to send the graphics to get these made and do special orders for knifemakers who can use these as promotional offerings. Any nibbles on that one? This one's out of the blue and I have no idea on costs or minimum quantitys required to do this.

Maybe we (BladeForums) can make some? Hopefully it will sell better than the shirt
smile.gif

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

Thanks Mike, that would be really great!

Hey forumites - I finally got my 1st Tshirt order in - how about the rest of you (who are even slower than me!)? There's got to be hundreds of you XLs out there who need a Tshirt or two or ten!!!

I'd also like to see a knife mousepad offered on BF.

Actually the idea of a knife shirt is pretty keen, tho I'm not sure the current style suits me.

I'd personally like something along the lines of a loose Hawaiian style shirt (easy to reach under) emblazoned with knives all over. Heck, if it's done right, you can wear your knife clipped on the pocket of the shirt and nobody would even notice!
smile.gif

OTOH, I admit such a shirt, however tastefully done, may still draw undue attention.

Longden,

That shirt would be awsome! Just the ticket for a downtown DC luncheon where you'd sit next to a table of FBI or ATF guys.
wink.gif

Then again, maybe the GUN shirt would be a better choice for well-dressed DC attire.

What to wear? What to wear? What to wear?

Back