Anybody know when k390 enduras might be available?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Shawn killam, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Shawn killam

Shawn killam Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Is there any official word on the k390 enduras? When and where to get them? I just picked up my first delica in k390 and it’s just awesome. I used to hate them. I thought they were ugly and cheap looking and figured If I ever did purchase a spyderco it would be a pm2 or para3 and not the ugly cheap delica from japan. Fast forward a couple years and now I have a ton of sprint runs and exclusives but until recently I still never even thought of trying to purchase one. Now that I have the delica it’s probably one of my favorites And I am absolutely pumped for the endura. I just bought one in vg10 today to kill the cravings a bit but I really can’t wait for the k390.

sliceofaloha likes this.
  2. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    I don’t know either but waiting patiently. If you can you still may find an Endura in S30V. I carry mine everyday.

3. Colorodo

May 23, 2014
    F497EEE2-A588-46A6-9E72-0F120E746296.jpeg

4. SteelPanther

SteelPanther

Nov 9, 2019
    I've had a vg10 endura for awhile now and just picked up one in zdp189 and man oh man is that a great steel on an endura imo...k390 should be super sweet too....sorry thou I can't keep track of release dates anymore...these days I just check the threads on here to see what's newly out

5. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    Remember these are not a sprint so they will be around. I have heard, however, that Bohler only makes K390 once a year, so it may be awhile until we see more. Not sure if there’s any truth to that.

6. Shawn killam

Shawn killam Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2019
    Thanks for the replies and sorry for the late response I haven’t logged in since getting a new phone and setting it up. I purchased a pretty nice condition blue endura in vg -10 off eBay for 50 bucks and I’m really happy with it. However, I still have a steel addiction and won’t feel complete until I can get my hands on the K390. My favorite pm2 is the bbs k390 with green scales and I still carry it more than any other spyder I own, but there’s something about that endura I just need to have.

lieferung likes this.
  7. oldmanwilly

oldmanwilly Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2014
    I have no clue when they will be available, however I do know that several BF supporting dealers will let you sign up for email alerts when the come in stock. I think I've given my email out to 3 dealers so far. It's not fool proof as I've previously gotten email alerts after sprints were sold out. But it's better than nothing.

8. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    They have been trickling in to dealers for a bit now. Pre-orders are getting filled.

9. dan35

dan35

Apr 21, 2009
    Anyone pick up the K390 endura yet? I see these are available at a few places. Interested in how thin they took the blade.

10. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    The blade stock is the same as normal. The distal taper in the grind is for performance.

sal

oldmanwilly likes this.
  11. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    double tap

sal

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  12. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    triple tap

sal

13. Sal Glesser

Dec 27, 1998
    trigger finger - PC issues. sorry

Freedom Pullo likes this.
  14. dan35

dan35

Apr 21, 2009
    Just what the doctor ordered. Thank you Sal!

15. The Mastiff

The Mastiff Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2006
    This has been frustrating. Everytime someone says they are coming out I look and there is nothing. Still plenty of Delicas and Dragonflys but no Endura yet.

sliceofaloha likes this.
  16. dan35

dan35

Apr 21, 2009
    I might have jumped the gun on them being available. I see preorders only. Coming soon I guess.

17. Colorodo

May 23, 2014
    I see that they are trickling in at dealers. Just ordered mine from a dealer mentioned on the Spyderco forum.

18. dan35

dan35

Apr 21, 2009
    So far this run has not been watered down. HRC of 66 on the Delica. If the Enduras are at 66 you will really be able to thin them out. Maybe one the best ever from Spyderco.

Freedom Pullo likes this.
  19. Colorodo

May 23, 2014
    40079E43-68F6-4340-AAC2-C04DC5044131.jpeg Just in

oldmanwilly likes this.
  20. The Mastiff

The Mastiff Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2006
    I have mine and I'm glad. It's a keeper. Thanks Spyderco!