Anybody make high-quality nylon MOLLE pouches or know anyone that can do this?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Don Rearic, May 28, 2011.

1. Don Rearic

Don Rearic

Oct 8, 1998
    I need an OD Green MOLLE compatible pouch made. High-q YKK heavy-duty zipper and I need it to hold a Silky Pocketboy 170 and a U-Dig-It Trowel. One zipper with two compartments would be great with two large hollow rivet drainholes in the bottom.

MOLLE on the back so I can hook it up to a backpack with MALICE Clips or in such a way that I can also simply put it on a belt if I want to.

Since so many manufacturers are now advertising "Ranger Green" instead of "OD Green," I might have to settle for that as well, which would be OK.

If anyone can do this or definitely knows someone who can, can you please post the information?

Also, if you think this idea is good, well, you can post that as well. :)

I'm not into the wacky plastic sheaths for Silky Saws and the nylon and leather U-Dig-It pouches are a non-starter for my gear.

2. Pritch

Pritch

May 3, 2006
    Hi Don,

Give Scott at SKT Industries a call. He'll build whatever you need in OD nylon.

3. Rprecision

Rprecision

Aug 17, 2008
    Kifaru ?

4. Don Rearic

Don Rearic

Oct 8, 1998
    Thanks!

Oh man, how much would the pouch cost? $175? :D

5. ROCK6

ROCK6

Feb 8, 2004
    Hey Don, let me dig through my MOLLE pouch box. The 170 is longer than the U-Dig-It trowel, and I just verified that the Maxpedition Cacoon pouch will hold the trowel and the smaller 130 folding saw...

ROCK6

6. Don Rearic

Don Rearic

Oct 8, 1998
    Hmm... :D

7. Don Rearic

Don Rearic

Oct 8, 1998
    Speaking of which...I love nylon gear and certain things like YKK zippers on it. But this one? It would just need a single Fastex buckle, duh! :)

8. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    I think Rock6 has the right idea. There is probably a Maxpedition or other brand pouch that will probably work great for your needs. :)

9. Rprecision

Rprecision

Aug 17, 2008
    You said high quality ! Just saying

10. Don Rearic

Don Rearic

Oct 8, 1998
    Just for the record, I don't think a pouch of that size would be that much from Kifaru. :)

11. ROCK6

ROCK6

Feb 8, 2004
  12. Don Rearic

Don Rearic

Oct 8, 1998
    The Silky 170 has a 6.7 inch blade. I have not found the closed length of the whole thing yet. Pretty close!