ANYBODY USED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LATELY?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by nephron, Feb 25, 2021.

1. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    I have been holding off on sending in a couple of knives for work and purchasing a couple of clips, wondering if anyone has used the CS for anything lately and how it went.

2. NWPM2

NWPM2 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2019
    I called a few days ago looking for a clip on a discontinued knife. I was able to get right through on the SFO number. I had a question on something other than a clip and was connected to the warranty section without any problems.

I didn't end up buying the clip because there weren't any available, but I imagine it would have been sent out right away if they'd had it.

nephron likes this.
  3. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019
    I detailed my encounter with Spyderco customer service in the “Shipping of internal parts” thread at the top of this (Spyderco) section of the forum. The fact that I was never able to speak with a human being leads me to believe there are none left at the Spyderco factory. Good luck.;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    DMG and nephron like this.
  4. winnerone23

winnerone23 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    I called, in the last couple week's (maybe month).
    Human answered the phone, after I pushed a button. Very pleasant lady!
    Clip shipped.. Showed up wrong color, but whatever, I'm happy to have a clip..

DMG and nephron like this.
  5. SixtyLion

SixtyLion

May 6, 2010
    I communicated with Spyderco CS via e-mail, and it was prompt and helpful, mailed a check for a new clip kit, got lucky everything arrived very fast.

nephron likes this.
  6. DA170

DA170 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2020
    Had a problem with a short order on a multiple knife purchase from SFO recently. I received UPS package after Spyderco closed and decided to use the contact form on Spyderco website. Explained situation about the missing blade and gave order/tracking number info also.

Received an email late morning the next day with UPS tracking and a quick note apologizing for the inconvenience of not getting a full shipment. I'd say that was stellar custom service on a potential awkward situation/transaction! Very impressed.

nephron likes this.
  7. Billy The Hungry

Billy The Hungry Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 11, 2020
    I needed pocket clip screws.

I called. Hit a button or two. A human being answered the phone quickly. He was very polite, fast and helpful. I had screws rushed to my door for no charge.

A small thing, but I feel confident if I had a real issue, they would be more than willing to help me. I have some things I need Spyderco to look at on my PM2, but I only hesitate to ship it in because I hate to bother with it.
    But when I do, I know they will fix the issue.

nephron likes this.
  8. DMG

DMG Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2005
    I just found the Native 1 in Gin 1 steel that I got when I was a kid. It looks like I sharpened it with a rock. Tempted to send it in for their sharpening service to return it to service. Although I replaced it with a Native Salt when they came out so I dont really need it.

does anyone have experience with sending in a knife with an ugly edge for service?

nephron likes this.
  9. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt

Jun 23, 2007
    I did it by email, but a few years ago...

I broke a clip on a Delica. They did not sell me a new clip.....they mailed me a free one, with some stickers, the clip, new screws, and a tiny bottle of blue locktight for the screws.

I was very impressed!!

nephron and DMG like this.
  10. Snacktime

Snacktime Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Emailed last week about screws and they should be here shortly. Wish they would sell a screw kit, as I have to take down my knives for cleaning every month.

nephron likes this.
  11. DMG

DMG Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 30, 2005
    How do you get them that dirty?

Billy The Hungry likes this.
  12. jjg6319

jjg6319

Dec 19, 2011
    I had a Sage 1 that I needed a stripped screw repaired. I printed the form off and just mailed the knife with the completed form. Spyderco replaced all the screws not just the stripped screw and sent the knife out within 1 day of receiving it. I also asked the knife not be sharpened and they followed my instructions. I received a nice letter in the return package.

I tried to post an new post in this forum about my experience but for some reason it did not post.

After being a customer 10 years this is the first time I had to use CS for a repair. It was a great experience.

Thanks for the great support, Spyderco!

13. Billy The Hungry

Billy The Hungry Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 11, 2020
    Why?

14. Buzsaw

Buzsaw

Nov 15, 2020
    I called in about a month ago for a pivot screw, had it about a week to 10 days later :thumbsup:

nephron likes this.
  15. Scott Hartman

Scott Hartman Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2005
    I sent a Native CTS-XHP in with a sprung pocket clip and broken lock with a note. The warranty department sent me a letter that the knife could not be repaired, and offered a replacement dollar amount on an in stock knife. I called the warranty department & ordered a Police 4, knife arrived within the week. Stellar customer service all the way around.

16. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    In my 20ish years of using spyderco knives, I have never needed customer service help.