ANYBODY USED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LATELY?

I have been holding off on sending in a couple of knives for work and purchasing a couple of clips, wondering if anyone has used the CS for anything lately and how it went.

I called a few days ago looking for a clip on a discontinued knife. I was able to get right through on the SFO number. I had a question on something other than a clip and was connected to the warranty section without any problems.

I didn't end up buying the clip because there weren't any available, but I imagine it would have been sent out right away if they'd had it.

I detailed my encounter with Spyderco customer service in the “Shipping of internal parts” thread at the top of this (Spyderco) section of the forum. The fact that I was never able to speak with a human being leads me to believe there are none left at the Spyderco factory. Good luck.;)

Last edited:
I called, in the last couple week's (maybe month).
Human answered the phone, after I pushed a button. Very pleasant lady!
Clip shipped.. Showed up wrong color, but whatever, I'm happy to have a clip..

I communicated with Spyderco CS via e-mail, and it was prompt and helpful, mailed a check for a new clip kit, got lucky everything arrived very fast.

Had a problem with a short order on a multiple knife purchase from SFO recently. I received UPS package after Spyderco closed and decided to use the contact form on Spyderco website. Explained situation about the missing blade and gave order/tracking number info also.

Received an email late morning the next day with UPS tracking and a quick note apologizing for the inconvenience of not getting a full shipment. I'd say that was stellar custom service on a potential awkward situation/transaction! Very impressed.

I needed pocket clip screws.

I called. Hit a button or two. A human being answered the phone quickly. He was very polite, fast and helpful. I had screws rushed to my door for no charge.

A small thing, but I feel confident if I had a real issue, they would be more than willing to help me. I have some things I need Spyderco to look at on my PM2, but I only hesitate to ship it in because I hate to bother with it.
But when I do, I know they will fix the issue.

I just found the Native 1 in Gin 1 steel that I got when I was a kid. It looks like I sharpened it with a rock. Tempted to send it in for their sharpening service to return it to service. Although I replaced it with a Native Salt when they came out so I dont really need it.

does anyone have experience with sending in a knife with an ugly edge for service?

I did it by email, but a few years ago...

I broke a clip on a Delica. They did not sell me a new clip.....they mailed me a free one, with some stickers, the clip, new screws, and a tiny bottle of blue locktight for the screws.

I was very impressed!!

Emailed last week about screws and they should be here shortly. Wish they would sell a screw kit, as I have to take down my knives for cleaning every month.

I had a Sage 1 that I needed a stripped screw repaired. I printed the form off and just mailed the knife with the completed form. Spyderco replaced all the screws not just the stripped screw and sent the knife out within 1 day of receiving it. I also asked the knife not be sharpened and they followed my instructions. I received a nice letter in the return package.

I tried to post an new post in this forum about my experience but for some reason it did not post.

After being a customer 10 years this is the first time I had to use CS for a repair. It was a great experience.

Thanks for the great support, Spyderco!

I sent a Native CTS-XHP in with a sprung pocket clip and broken lock with a note. The warranty department sent me a letter that the knife could not be repaired, and offered a replacement dollar amount on an in stock knife. I called the warranty department & ordered a Police 4, knife arrived within the week. Stellar customer service all the way around.

Back