Anybody ?

Boru13

Staff member
Super Mod
Alot of members here have posted pics of there BOB or there E&E kit but one thing that i don't remember seeing in any of them is a pair of compact binoculars.
I carry a small pair in my BOB, does that make me weird :eek:
I figure if it got bad enough where i had to resort to my BOB that there might be a situation where i would want to be able to see from a distance before i exposed myself.
Any thoughts on this ?

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
I have a pair of Leupold 8 x 25 Waterproof Olympics that stay in my pack all the time. Wouldn't go anywhere without them.

I have a compact 8x21 Bushnell pair & a Brunton Echo 7x18 monocular. I enjoy the monocular due to simple & compact

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
Redfield 10x50, not compact. Two words I think don't go together well is, compact binoculars. YMMV.

Moose

Redfield 10x50, not compact. Two words I think don't go together well is, compact binoculars. YMMV.

Moose

I agree :thumbup: but I have yet to drop some cash on a nice pair,got both of these in trades thru the years :D work good enough for now :D

For field work I have a compact pair of bushnells. Not high quality, but they get the job done.

Boru13

Staff member
Super Mod
I have a compact 8x21 Bushnell pair & a Brunton Echo 7x18 monocular. I enjoy the monocular due to simple & compact

Hey tony i've never had a monocular, are there any advantages or negatives compared to the compacts ?

Alot of members here have posted pics of there BOB or there E&E kit but one thing that i don't remember seeing in any of them is a pair of compact binoculars.
I carry a small pair in my BOB, does that make me weird :eek:
I figure if it got bad enough where i had to resort to my BOB that there might be a situation where i would want to be able to see from a distance before i exposed myself.
Any thoughts on this ?
Not more, or less for that matter, weird than any of us here. Dont have a pair of binocs, though i have been thinking about getting a pair.

I use a pair of Leupold Acadia 10X42mm.

I had an issue with my last pair with what appeared to be moisture in one of the lenses. Sent it back and had a brand new pair, in the box, delivered in like 10 days. I really like Leupold's product, and also their customer service.

Moosez45

Custom Antlers, Factory Knives...
Hey tony i've never had a monocular, are there any advantages or negatives compared to the compacts ?

I've got one with a built in range finder, works ok, but nothing like my Redfields.

The range finder is cool though, but you have to have a known size to scale off of.

Moose

mine is a cheap monocular under $30 and it does a simple task and does it well enough for me....
needs no batteries and I can spot a safe place to cross a stream from a good distance off... all I really use mine for,reason I carry a monocular...compact & simple& light :D

Boru13

Staff member
Super Mod
I've got one with a built in range finder, works ok, but nothing like my Redfields.

The range finder is cool though, but you have to have a known size to scale off of.

Moose

mine is a cheap monocular under $30 and it does a simple task and does it well enough for me....
needs no batteries and I can spot a safe place to cross a stream from a good distance off... all I really use mine for,reason I carry a monocular...compact & simple& light :D

Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

I carry a Tasco 8X Monocular in whatever I am carrying in the woods. I also have a whopping pair of 21X Bushnell's that I purchased when I worked security at a wholesale used car lot that had a hill above it that was an impound lot with a not-so-nice neighborhood behind it. There was just enough woods between the back of the property and the apartment complex to give cover to the thieves. :D

It's kind of spooky at two in the morning to watch three guys come through the woods and then split up and start opening cars or busting windows on those that were locked. Waiting to see if they made it to your car before the po-leese arrived. :)

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
It's kind of spooky at two in the morning to watch three guys come through the woods and then split up and start opening cars or busting windows on those that were locked. Waiting to see if they made it to your car before the po-leese arrived. :)

One word: SNIPER :D

I have a pair of cheap Tasco rubber armored bo-knocks with my work stuff. Use them all the time.

I also have a pair of compact knocklers that I keep with my range gear so I can spot how far from the target my shots are hitting.

I've got a small pair of Bushnell "sport glasses" - not good for serious recon or anything, but better than nothing

I have a small pair, nothing to brag about just a cheapo pair, but it's better than nothing.

Native XF ad, Below bottom BC