anyone EDC a Case Eisenhower pen, or a canoe?

The Canoe is probably my favorite Case pattern, but I don't see much about it being used as an EDC. I like the fact that the blades are straight and are thin, which equals a nice cutting edge, and yet they are solid. I actually find myself using the smaller blade more, such as for opening clamshell packages, etc. My only issues, if I have any, are that when I'm using the smaller blade, the larger blade can make the grip a bit uncomfortable at times, and sometimes the blades can be tough to open, especially when your nails are soft from being damp.

I'm considering getting an Eisenhower, it looks like a classic dress knife. If anyone EDC's one, what uses have you put it to?

Jim

I have an older one. Haven't carried it much but it's great for small tasks, the blades are comparable to a Vic Classic's pen blade. One word of warning thought--this sucker is TINY.

DSCF0227.jpg

compared to a Peanut
20120606-00124.jpg

Is that a Eisenhower or a 6201? I thought the Eisenhower was 3 1/8" closed?

I learn something every day :) I thought they were one and the same. I'll edit my post. This is a 6201 and is apparently smaller than the Eisenhower, 6263.

That's cool only reason, I have a 6201( my first Case ) didn't want to order a Eisenhower and have it arrive and it be the same. Are there any CV Eisenhowers ?

I have carried an Eisenhower but it's been awhile. I just used mine for light duty stuff like I do with all my knives. Shrink wrap, tape, string, nylon banding, etc. To be honest, I wish I had the opportunity to use them a little harder or at least more often.

If you like the looks of the Eisenhower then I'm sure you would like it once you got it in your hand.

Here's mine in Aquamarine Bone:

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

I EDC a CV Amber bone Canoe quite regularly. It's one of my favorite traditional folders.

006-2.jpg

How about trying a GEC Conductor? They come in carbon or stainless.

For me, this pattern is THE small knife. Very decent sized blade, very well finished too.

Back