Anyone else into strippers?

Chevelleface

Gold Member
I recently acquired a skeleton key in a trade and the coating had a small amount of peeling, the color wasn’t my favorite(still searching for a black one.) so I decided to etch and strip it. The infi dimples are not too severe so I’m sanding them down by hand. Then I’ll send it off to get bead blasted. Anybody else recently strip their busse?
Post some pics below
3BD2DF75-EF55-4BC8-AB23-62138A431016.jpeg 476F0C08-998F-4B39-85DC-22439F03D473.jpeg

Looks good nice work, I should have kept a SK they are nice light little blades and easy too carry.

I never noticed how similar the skeleton key blade is to the Cultelus. I've got a couple of Cultis so that will hold me over until I track down a Skeleton Key.

I never noticed how similar the skeleton key blade is to the Cultelus. I've got a couple of Cultis so that will hold me over until I track down a Skeleton Key.
Yes the Cultie's blades a little wider at least mine were, Knifehunter got my last one with a bone handle. The skelly would just make a better necker or bare bones type carry knife. So many Busse knives and so little time to try them all out, well and then there's the $$ thing. :D

Yes, if like strippers.

I've stripped and sanded a number of busse and sw blades.

Bgtg
DS6
R6
Hog badger (sold this)

In fact, I only have 2 coated blades that retained their coating. A2TG and a m6.

So far my only stripper

B440mjV.jpg

I'll need to get some pictures but yeah I'm a big fan of stripping. Easiest was the NMFSH, fhfg and a meltdown treatment leave a nice surface under that coating. The hardest was a BB13,that surface just does not want to even out in color.

Back