Anyone ever seen an orange handled butterfly knife?

With all this talk about the return of BM Balisongs and such has jarred my memory. Like a bad song you can't get out of your head and can't remember the name of I remembered this knife I saw in a mail order catalog about 10 or more years ago. It was a butterfly knife with orange rubbery or rubber coated handles. I believe it was European in origin.

I don't want to buy one I just want to find out where I saw it and what it was so I can get it out of my memory.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

well, you see, there was this goose that ran all around Europe, laying these orange handled butterfly knives....

sorry. it's late. Wish I had a real answer.

chizpuf

Hello there!

I think i got a nice answer!
When i started to "play" with bali-songs there wasn´t any available in Sweden(cuz´they´re dangerous...) but we did get some from Finland made by Fiskars with red plastic handles.
They really gave you a new understanding of the word "click-clack" knives! as having plastic handles they were very loud when manipulated.
As i can recall they were available in colors black and red and it was necessery to seriously break-in before it was possible to use them.
They were quite hard to get a nice decent edge on too.
I don´t remember breaking anyone though.
Just recalled that i read that this knife was issued to CIA personnel just because of the deniabilty factor, maybe just a rumor...

Anyway, hop i helped you out at least to some degree!

Be well! Jonas aka 2Sharp

------------------
Stay sharp, ride hard, watch six, Keeps ya´alive!!

I have seen one of those at an antique store, not bad quallity but did not manipulate well.
I did not buy it because it was 25 dollars. I wonder if it is still there.

There was a thread about this awhile back.I used to see them around 15 years ago in BrookStone's for around 10 bucks or so.Tthey were made in sweden and stiff as a board to try and lock up.
Bob

There were Finnish "butterfly" knives made by Hackman (Hackaman????) years ago. The 2 I have have red and black nylon handles respectively.

These were dandy knives. Take a hell of an edge and are very lightweight. Too bad they can't be had anymore , seems to me that they were cheap also $10 -12 or so.

Must not have been that memorable of a knife
smile.gif
I'll just mentally file it in that cirular thingy along with the Tekna dive knife I always wanted as a teenager.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Back