Anyone got stabbed by a knife that bounced of the target?

I did.
biggrin.gif

Well, it's funny now, it wasn't then.
biggrin.gif

Kris

Not stabbed!

Worst that ever happened was a pretty good thumb poke from the tip of a large Blackjack broadhead thrower while I was refiling the tip after minor ding damage. I bled like a stuck pig and had a throbbing thumb while it healed.

Now I use a file with a guard.

------------------
Webmaster
The Sticking Point
www.commonlogic.com/knife

Nah, but I've scared Hell out of family members with clanging ricochets aplenty...

Almost hit SOMEONE ELSE with a bounce on several occasions, but that was usually because they crossed my lane after I'd already released...

------------------
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup...

I was throwing a little cheapie at a very old, rotten tree stump, it hit a hard knot in it and rocketed back towards my knee caps. Luckily I have pretty good reflexes and I bent my knees out of the way just in time.

------------------
Cameron

"It takes a killer...to stop a killer"

I have, I was throwing a cheapie into a large square haybale, and it bounced back and hit me in the shin, I didn't nocice anything, except a clean cut in my pants, and a wet leg, and I bled like a stuck pig.

it was a bugger to close, and I still have the scar.

I have not been hit yet but there have been close calls. I find the most hazzard comes from removing knives from the target when there are multipal sticks. Espically knives without handles, harder to see sometimes. I some times knock one out while removing others.

------------------
Later, Jim

No. But I've been shot between the eyes three times. Twice by myself. First time I was a kid and in my basement near the center of the room. I shot my .22 single shot Stevens Favorite rifle at the wall near a corner. The bullet struck about 3" from the corner, ricocheted and struck 3" from the corner on the other side of the corner, ricocheted struck me between the eyes and fell to the floor at my feet. I picked it up and it was like a small dime with ragged edges.

The second time I shot myself between the eyes was with a Colt .45. I was outside so it was a little more difficult for me (the wife added that). I was shooting bowling pin matches at the Revolver club. Bowling pins have a wood core surrounded by about a 1/4" layer of some kind of plastic. Anyway I shot and hit the pin dead center. The slug once more bounced back, hit me between the eyes and fell to the ground. Neither time broke skin.

The third time I was swimming in a lake on the 4th of July one night. We were having bottle rocket fights. A friend, Mike Corbett, was shooting bottle rockets at me and I was ducking underwater if they came close. This one wasn't coming at me so I didn't duck. However when it got close to me it hit the water and ricocheted. It was so close when it hit the water that I couldn't react in time and it hit me between the eyes.
I do believe in God.

bug

Bug,
You've seen the protective nets pitchers stand behind for batting practice

Just replace the netting with kevlar or sheet steel....

Back