Anyone had a Custom "reconditioned"?

I was wondering if anyone has ever had an Emerson Custom reconditioned. I've got a CQC6 that I carried everyday for a few years and needs some TLC.

I almost lost it the other day, and seeing how the secondary market is getting $1000+ for a CQC, I'd like to get mine cleaned up and put in a display...at least for a while. Mine doesn't need that much work, just: new pocket clip, new screws (I've had it apart a few times), slightly re-sharpen blade, and re-blast the titanium.

Has anyone sent a knife back for any type of rehab?

How much did it cost, and what was the turn around time?

Did it turn out looking like new?

I would like to request that the "greeninsh" nice looking scales be added(the ones you see in the magazines) as mine are a bland grey. Any guesses on how much for new scales and how long a wait?

Thanks,

-Calvin

Calvin,
A basic reconditioning costs $20 and will do most of the things that you want done. I have NO idea on how long the scales would take or cost. I am not sure if that is possible at this time simply due to back log. Feel free to contact me via email and we can work out the details. I will be at the Blade show this weekend so I will not get back to you til Tues/Wed next week.

Take care,
Derek

------------------
Emersonknives.com

The #1 Hard Use Knives In The World

Yes. The minor wear was completely reconditioned.The work was perfect.

------------------
Usual Suspect
http://www.freeyellow.com/members8/arkhamdrifter/index.html

Calvin,
I sent my very first CQC6 in to Emerson to be refurbished. It took about 3-4 weeks, costs $20.00. Plus I had the knife overnighted to me when done, therefore another $25.00. Otherwise the original $20.00 included return shipping.
Here's what was done:
Bolsters were bead blasted.
All screws were replaced.
Pocket clip was replaced as per my request.
Edge was lightly touched up.
Ernie called me himself before he started the refurbishing. He explained that he couldn't replace the scales. Instead he would bead blast it. The scales were starting to get smooth & beige. They looked pretty decent after the bead blasting. They became green again.(I don't know how) I asked for a couple of small scratches on the blade to be buffed out. Ernie wanted to stay away from doing that. So I polished them out myself when I got the knife back. Bottom line is the knife looks almost new for only $20.00.

PS I've seen a few refurbished CQC6's & they look refurbished. My knife doesn't look like it was refurbished. Good Luck.

Regards,

David

Back