Anyone has experience with the Heavy Duty Warthog?

I am thinking of buying this knife for medium duty camp chores, and may be for food prep as well. Is this knife OK? Thanks.

You mean this knife ?

100_1042.jpg

100_1043.jpg

100_1053.jpg

100_1054.jpg

Yup, i have. I wouldn't say i have beat the snot out of it. But i have batoned a few pieces of firewood into kindling with it. Nice knife so far. Handle is still tight. Holds a good edge. After batoning the 3 pieces of firewood, it only took one swipe on each side on my butchers steel to get it shaving hair again. I bought mine directly from Toooj at the WNY Knife Gathering last year. I was hesitant. He said if i broke it or the handle came off or came loose, he would send me a replacement. I am impressed so far with this knife. I really like a wide blade & this beast is W-I-D-E. It is worth the money. Hope this helps you.

Thanks brother, this is the knife I am referring to, and like you, I also like knives with wide blades. I am glad to hear that you are happy with it.

I've got two of these; I'm a big fan. Everyone should have one. But it would not be what I reached for for medium duty camp chores and food prep. It'd work, but there are many better knives out there for that. This thing is fat and thick; it's more of a bruiser. Great chopper for it's length.

I could see going out with a Warthog for heavy duty work like firewood stuff and then having a smaller knife for carving and food prep. If it was from my collection for the smaller knife I'd choose my GEC sodbuster or Wohwend neck knife or Becker BK-11 or ESEE-3/Izula/Candiru.

Back