1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 21 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Megatherium, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Anyone having trouble reaching the Swamp?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by ozgooner, Mar 18, 2016.

1. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    Is anyone experiencing delays hearing back from the Swamp Rat team? I've got a Custom Shop order (Rodent 6) that I paid for three weeks ago that still isn't showing as shipped, and my last email to them has gone unanswered for a week, despite the automated promise of a reply in "2 to 3 business days".

9 February - Custom Shop order advised as "Completed"
    11 February - Ratweiler advised as "Ready to ship"
    25 February - Payment made on both items
    2 March - Ratweiler shipped
    12 March - Sent email to SRKW asking for update on Custom Shop order and have heard nothing since

Because I am in Australia, I've got the Ratweiler sitting at the freight forwarding company we use so that I can bring it and the Rodent 6 over together. Just curious if these time frames seem out of whack with everyone else's experience.

2. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Nope. Emailed them few weeks ago and got back to me within 3-4 days. Maybe try emailing Busse or Sykco and tell them your having trouble reaching somebody at Swamp Rat. Have you emailed Swamp Rat before and got quick response? Might end up in their spam folder or something maybe.

3. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    I've always dealt with Trissy in the past and she's always been really prompt in getting back to me, usually within 24 hours. Same with Lexi over at Busse. The last couple of emails have been signed by Josie but it's still the same address so that shouldn't really make a difference.

4. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Hmmm. That was the 1st time I'd emailed them before and Josie responded back. Hope things work out for you.

5. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I wouldn't say I've been having trouble, per se, with reaching them. But the last couple of emails did take a bit for a response. I think close to a week.
    I can say this... I ordered a standard Ratmandu a few weeks ago, thinking I'd get an order in the pipe before they discontinued them, figuring they're busy as h*** getting Ratweilers, Jackmandus, and such out the door. I figured I'd see it in 6 or 8 months, and really was kinda hoping that would be the case, since I got so many 2-week-orders in. But nooooooo.... lo and behold, it couldn't have been more than 5 weeks after ordering it, I got notice of final payoff. WHAT????!!!! :eek: That can't be right. I just bought a SWATmandu and an INFImandu this month. ARGH!

I tell you one thing, it is a dang good thing I'm on det and working a lot of overtime. Otherwise..... :hopelessness:

6. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    Sooooo.......... mystery solved. Apparently the Rodent 6 didn't pass QC due to a small flaw in the coating and it was sent back for a do-over. I'm told it should ship shortly. Thanks to Lexi over at Busse for helping me out. :thumbup:

7. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Thanks for coming back with an update. Must be some changes going on internally.

8. amflud

amflud Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I paid for a custom shop RMD back on February 9th that I still haven't gotten a shipping notice on yet. I haven't followed up yet because I keep forgetting about it. Guess I'll do that today.

9. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    What timeline did they give you?
    Maybe it's me; but I don't see much point in contacting them unless/until they miss their protection.

I sent them an email a month, or so, ago; and haven't gotten a response. I took that to be a no, lol

10. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I think Adam is saying he ordered before the custom shop closed, then he got the 'ding' to pay for it on 2/9, but it hasn't shipped even though paid for around 2/9. That's six weeks, longer than I've had from 'ding' to 'ship.'

I'd check it out bud. That's seems like an overly long stretch.

11. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    *disregard this one - sorry. I need to sleep before trying to express myself.

12. Stubai

Stubai

Mar 16, 2007
    My take on these delay issues is that they are VERY booked up at the shop. Many orders to fill, no time to squander. With so many new offerings, things get mighty complex in a hurry. I did wait forever on the RW, but was delighted when she finally arrived. Makes me realize that I should have bought one years ago when I had occasion to do so. But how many of us have just elected to sit on the fence only to have the limited offering escape our grasp?

Most of the time, the shop returns emails in a prompt fashion. Again, I suspect the elves are crawling over themselves to get orders filled.

13. amflud

Jun 10, 2009
    Yeah, I think I ordered it last summer and on February 8 they emailed me saying it was finished and they were ready for payment. I paid with PayPal the next day and sent the transaction ID to Swamp Rat. I emailed them last Friday but haven't heard back yet. I'll give them a few days then I guess I'll bug Lexi about it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  14. ozgooner

ozgooner

Sep 24, 2011
    I've emailed Jerry regarding the issues of late/missing email responses, and also the auto-dinging of international credit cards. He is on the case (between drinks). :thumbup:

15. amflud

Jun 10, 2009
    Ok, Josie got back to me and said there was a problem with the coating on my RMD as well. Said it should ship by Friday. Progress!

16. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    The two weeks offers have the shop covered up, it's all hands on deck to get stuff turned out. They already are not going to knob creek, and that says a lot, cause they almost always go. I think this is the first one they've missed in something like twenty years

17. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    I JUST realized that I'm in a similar situation....
    I placed an order for two RMDs on August 27, got billed for one of them on Oct 14. I paid for both at that time; and was told it would be a while for the other one (it was a "custom", in that it had red/black g10). It's been 5.5 months since I paid, (7 since I ordered,) and no second RMD.
    Guess it's time to check in with the Swamp.

18. amflud

Jun 10, 2009
    I placed the order for my Custom Shop RMD at the beginning of August if that helps. I should have it by Wednesday.

19. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    My last Rodent 6 took over six months - and that was just g10 with liners - so I guess I'm not really all that surprised that it isn't here yet (though it is somewhat disappointing that they're churning out O2W knives faster than existing orders...but I sort of get that, too; and I'm happy I didn't have to wait that long for my g10 Jackmandu). What did surprise me is that I'd all but forgotten about the unfulfilled order. If I hadn't posted a comment that made me think about it, I would have gotten a pleasant surprise when I received the shipping notification.
    I'm not going to bother contacting the shop for a few weeks - not really much sense in doing so when I won't be around to receive the knife, anyway. With a little luck, I'll get a notification by then.

20. hhmoore

Feb 7, 2014
    Oops - I owe an apology to the Swamp.
    I thought it was odd that I would have forgotten about an unfulfilled order...and, as it turns out, I didn't. I went into the cabinet that houses my RMDs to get one for a comparison picture, and saw red. Literally. In the form of red/black G10...and the coated blade meant it wasn't BIG INFI (my only other red/black handle).