Anyone in the Finger Lakes, NY area

I was VP of construction for a home builder in Vegas. I was pretty smart and saw the demise of Vegas coming back in 2004 so we packed up and moved to the Pacific NW in 2005 to start new. Problem was, I left all my smarts in Vegas. I came up here and partnered with another guy and we dropped every dime we had into developing real estate. So I have (4) multimillion dollar projects now that I've lost to the bank. Lost the house and pretty much all my savings trying to save everything. It's so expensive to live here and with upper management construction jobs far and few between, we're looking at picking up and moving to Watkins Glen, NY to go be with some more family. All my nieces and nephews who I love being around are there and my brother-in-law who is a great guy. If I'm going to struggle through I might as well be around family while I do it.

So anyone know of any other makers in the area? It would be nice to be able to hook up with some like minded people.

Michael

I live in Western NY. Not exactly finger lakes area (although I have been there and it is quite nice), but not too far away... Three hours maybe?

I live in Syracuse and have land and my shop in Ithaca. Welcome from the land that the economy left. We have beautiful scenery, great wineries, and an economy that has been sucked dry by downstate then kicked while down by job displacement.

-Page

Upper managment constuction jobs..lol. time to strap the bags back on! I did i just added some suspenders!
Lots of work happening here in Portland.

I've had the bags strapped on. My problem is the cost of living here. I'm busting my ass and getting nowhere.

As Page mentioned, it's not like upstate New York has a booming economy, but we have some very close family there. So if I'm going to get nowhere the thought of being around family sounds really nice. We're looking at a 180 year old house with a shop in the back that will give me a mortgage right around $450. I've already started looking for carpenter jobs, mostly in Ithaca. Page and Matt, I'd love to meet up if I end up coming back there.

Back