Anyone know where...

...I can get a Queen Mountain Man in cocobolo? I called and Queen said it's been discontinued and I've searched all their retailers and Googled the heck out of it but still can't seem to find one. Does anyone have any suggestions? Worst come to worse, I may have to settle with bird's eye maple. I'd like the reddish cocobolo better but bird's eye still looks good. I'm getting DESPERATE!

You will see one pop up on ebay occasionally.

If you are set on cocobolo, there are folks who will change out the wood handle from a maple version. Or you could have them put on any exotic wood that you can imagine.

I spent about 20 minutes searching the web for you yesterday and couldn't find one either. As someone who loves that pattern, I routinely watch Ebay for variations of the Mountain Man, if I spot one I'll try to let you know about it.

I went through this awhile back, I managed to get the last one a dealer had.

Thanks TLC. I contacted a dealer as well, at cumberland knives, and nothing. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearin if you find anything. I'm keeping and eye out as well...

Thanks TLC. I contacted a dealer as well, at cumberland knives, and nothing. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearin if you find anything. I'm keeping and eye out as well...

Ouch, that's the dealer I was talking about, I got his last one. :eek:

I was looking for the same knife and could not find one. I was told they are no longer made in Coco. so I purchased the Mountain Man shown below. I can tell you if you do not find the cocobolo you won't be dissapointed with one of these. So far this has been a great knife and I'm very satisfied.
Christmas2006022.jpg

xbxb, that RootBeer bone looks great!

The 1095 carbon steel #3L's are nice, I like all 3 of mine, but would love to see Queen dosome exotic wood handles with 1095.

Queen-1095-MM.jpg

Thanks Confederate. It has been a blast. I think it is one of the best deals around. Wow you got all 3 how do you like the stag? It is really nice. Great patina did you do that or just old age?

Thanks Confederate. It has been a blast. I think it is one of the best deals around. Wow you got all 3 how do you like the stag? It is really nice. Great patina did you do that or just old age?

I love the stag, it's twice as thick as the bone handles on the other 2, a real hand filler. The patina is from cutting a few apples. I am addicted to the dang things!

Back