1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Anyone listening to podcasts?

Discussion in 'Newberry Knives' started by Allen Newberry, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2007
    When I am working in the shop listening to podcasts and audiobooks makes things go smoother. I listen to a couple of beekeeping ones, In The Rabbit Hole (Urban Survival), The Moth. Anyone have a podcast that they would recommend?

2. Russ Andrews

Russ Andrews Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2002
    Prairie Home Companion.......

3. ChuckJaxFL

ChuckJaxFL

Sep 28, 2007
    Radiolab (geek)
    Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me (current events)
    Basic Brewing (beer)

4. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2007
    I didn't realize that NPR had podcasts I may have to see if they have SciFri.

5. roadkill7205

roadkill7205

Apr 6, 2013
    I listen to Radiolab, too. I also like Neil DeGrasse Tyson's Star Talk Radio, and I used to listen to Tales from the Afternow, which was a fiction series -- uh, and was uneven as hell.

I also co-host a pretty new science podcast, where we talk science and get stuff *mostly* right...

EDIT: Sorry, I hadn't noticed that this thread was riding the zombie line. Call it an inadvertent resurrect...

6. kurt6652

kurt6652

Dec 9, 2008
    Case closed,relic radio,the horror,relic radio thrillers,relic radio science fiction. These are usually radio programs from 1940-1970, I really enjoy them and listen to them when I am out walking, they are usually very good productions.

7. chavez556

chavez556

Jan 10, 2011
    Joe Rogan Experience
    The Crabfeast
    Ari Shafir Skeptic Tank
    Bill Burrs Monday Morning Podcast

All hilarious if you want a good laugh. (BTW these are NOT clean comedians lol )

8. J. Hoffman

J. Hoffman

Jan 1, 2011
    Clark Howard(consumer protection/finance)

9. Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    I used to listen to him on the radio. Thanks for the ideas folks. I will still take suggestions for things to listen to.

10. Hayes

Hayes

Nov 30, 2013
    Hardcore History by Dan Carlin (educational) and My Brother, My Brother and Me (NSFW-ish comedy) are some of my favorites.

11. Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    Sounds interesting.

12. Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    I have recently started listening to The Survival Podcast and have really enjoyed it. Also, a beekeeper that I know started a podcast called Treatment-Free Beekeeping - Parker Farms. It is actually pretty good if you are into treatment free beekeeping. Which is the kind of beekeeping that I do.

13. Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    You guys have had some good suggestions and I am listening to a few of them consistently. So, thanks! Anybody have some more suggestions?