Anyone own a Dajo stainless bottle?

I just had this 1L bottle come in from Goinggear.com. I am seriously impressed with the lack of weight of this bottle, especially given the trade off in volume.

http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=62_64&products_id=292

I am not a weight weinie given the fact that I am never on some major expedition that requires the shedding of ounces (In which case, I would probably make a concerted effort to poo and pee before I set foot to the trail :D) but rather do real world light camping and hiking as your typical weekend warrior. I can honestly say, I am very impressed with this bottle. I even like the built in torsion bar clip. You could easily keep up with supplying 4 people enough sterile water with this and it beats the hell out of a plastic bottle...sacrificing a couple ounces.:thumbup:

I have a couple of these bottles and I like them pretty well. Like you say, they are super light for being stainless, and the cap is cool. I've scratched mine up a bit and done a couple minor dents - no problems. The threads are thick too, so you get the cap on and off quickly. The sigg bottle I have takes about 10 spins to remove the cap and that drives me crazy.

I'm not sure how they would handle a long drop, but then again, you can break anything if you try.

I have been eyeing those bottles for a while now. Glad to know that they are working out for both of you. Got any clue where one would get spare lids if you need to replace them?

Back