Anyone own a H+B Forge throwing knife?

I looked at one today at Fox Ridge Outfitters in Rochester NH. $41.95, Sharp, nice carbon steel, 14" long, but man is it HEAVY. I passed it up due to the weight. It must have been 25 ounces or more. It felt as heavy as my H+B Hawk. I'll bet it throws like a Hawk too. I'm wondering if anyone owns one; if so, how does it throw, AND... how much does it weigh?????

I am sure that is the pattern that they used in Gangs of New York for Butcher Bills throwers. I want a set of three. I like a heavy knife. All though the weight is there, you don't have to throw them as hard to get enough penetration. A slower throw makes it easier to track the rotation with the eye. There must be a cut off point for too heavy. 2lbs. sounds like a lot. I should throw some knives up on the scale to see what I am chuckin'.
GONY_thrower.jpg
]

H&B Forge Co(clickhere)

I picked up an HB Forge knife last week. I was WAY off (when I wrote I thought it weighed 2 lbs), it only weighs about 17 ounces or so, according to my kitchen scales. I overestimated as I had been using the CS 11 ounce throwers, and the HB felt so much heavier. Not a bad throwing knife for $42.00. Another $24.00 got me a nice leather trapper/period style sheath. This is patterned after Mountain Man knives of that era, and would make a nice camp knife as it is pretty sharp right from the store. NOTE* I'm STILL waiting for Tru-Balance to respond. I called and wrote/sent postage, but nothing yet. Perhaps he is on spring break vacation...LOL!!! Unless..... my wife got the mail FIRST, and tossed it. HHMMmmmmmm......

I have an H&B, and I took a file to the blade. Sharp as a razor! This is one beautiful knife.
I have always wanted a knife that could be thrown, worked with, and still be sharp, and this is it. Most sharp knives are not durable, most durable knives are dull.

Back