Anyone own an SBL Pouch?

I know that I am late to this thread but what the heck:D

I just got my new Pouch on Saturday and it looks great. I plan to used it when I go to the outer islands for the day for work. I like to travel light so my Pouch will carry my personal keys, the office keys, a Moleskine pocket notebook, my itinerary, a SBL credit/business card wallet, a coin purse, and my sun glass case - what ever I would need for that day that is small but essential for my day of travel. My bifold wallet usually is in my back pocket. The Pouch will be used when I go to Molokai or Oahu for the day or just a quick drive to the shopping center. I just hate to load up my pockets and I don't need a bag larger than the Pouch as I just want to go light and easy to get around without worrying about forgetting something.

Last edited:
The pouch is just that -- a pouch, and is designed to hold your "quick-sprint-to-the-shop-for-milk" stuff and nothing more. Expecting it to hold a bunch of digital equipment, a folder, flashlight, and your clothes is incorrect. ;-)

I picked up the pouch about four months ago, and am very pleased with it. If your expectations are set correct, this is the best piece of "manly" gear you can purchase. I wanted one as EDC, to hold keychain, wallet, card holder, sanitizer, a pen, earbud-style headphones, flashlight, and some more space for misc. items. The pouch does hold these things with room to spare, but as is with all leather, requires some break in before it gets comfortable. I wear it cross and rarely take it off -- this ensures I don't forget it. It has also take out the load from my pocket to a large extent - pockets now contain only a flashlight, some change, phone, and folding knife. Here is a quick and dirty shot taken now at my workplace with the stuff I carry in it. The belt was long for me even in the last hole, so I punched two more in it at a distance of about 1 inch apart. I am 5'7".

image%25286%2529.jpeg

Hi choombak. How are you dealing with the end of the shoulder strap end dangling around? For me, I have these Velcro strips that I wrap around the loose end of the strap so that it doesn't flop around. BTW, I bought the same color as you did.

Hi choombak. How are you dealing with the end of the shoulder strap end dangling around? For me, I have these Velcro strips that I wrap around the loose end of the strap so that it doesn't flop around. BTW, I bought the same color as you did.

Transparent industrial grade elastic bands. By industrial grade I mean these do not decay or get sticky over time. Got some from a mattel toy - these were used to fix the toy to the box. Velcro straps seem to be a better idea though.

On Molokai for the day. I wanted some island grown coffee before I headed back to the airport. I couldn't wait to put in use my new Pouch.
CameraZOOM-20130627131503147_zps968f1225.jpg

Back