1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anyone planning on bidding on this one?

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by DaveT63, Apr 13, 2008.

1. DaveT63

DaveT63

Feb 26, 2007
    Ebay auction #180232954153. Is this guy out to lunch, or is this knife really as special as he claims? It really is a pretty knife, but I've seen other blue handled knives much cheaper, although not with the Schrade shield. Auction 280215873816 didn't even sell at $69.95, and auction has no bids on it yet. Not to mention he is asking $17.00 for shipping and handling (it actually says $10 in the item description).

2. ea42

ea42 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Definitely out to lunch, I've seen a number of those out there, although not with the magic price increasing zeroes:D. Be careful with mentioning active auctions on the forums Dave, the mods get a might peeved.

Eric

3. ea42

Jan 1, 2006
    Just for informational purposes, the regular jigged blue bone knives were apparently for an as yet unknown SFO (there has been speculation that it was for Lowes, but there is no proof as far as I know). The rope jigged blue bone knives were for a 100th anniversary cigar box run that never got off the ground. The only actual cigar box I've seen for this run was in the add.

Eric

4. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
  5. grey menace

grey menace

Mar 3, 2008
    They actually did make a few 100 yr blue rope jig knives. I have a trapper, a large stockman and a peanut, they were to make a 25OT style also,but i have never seen one. check em outat www.collectors-of-schrades-r....ors corner.htm. look at grey menace collection

6. El Lobo

El Lobo

Sep 6, 2002
    grey menace,

Just out of curiosity, were any of your knives serialized on the bolster??

Thank you.

Bill

7. DaveT63

DaveT63

Feb 26, 2007
    Eric,
    Thanks for the tip on the active auctions. I will keep that in mind. Mods, sorry if I erred!

Dave

8. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/FLYERS/2000s/pages/SC03-CP233.htm

As Eric said, the blue rope cut bone knives were destined to be anniversary issues. I have the large stockman. Like most I've seen, it never got the "Empire" shield and blade etch (Called "Cattleman's shield" in the flyer). The regular blue jigged bone knives are still a source of speculation. Possibly intended for European sales. I've never seen a reliable reference to their being prepared for Lowes.

Michael

[​IMG]

9. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
  10. grey menace

grey menace

Mar 3, 2008
    My trapper and the large stockman both have SSand then the numbers,i was told that stood for salesman samples,the peanut has nothing on the bolsters, all have the shield and the blade etching.Has anyone ever seen the big two blade hunter. ?they were supposed to make those also.I've never seen one.

11. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    I wonder how many of these were produced. How many of you have one?

[​IMG]

12. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    Did Lowe's sell knives? I never thought to look for them there.

13. Codger_64

Oct 8, 2004
    Both Lowes and Home Depot. The orange firebird Lightweights were for Home Depot.

[​IMG]

HD3CP I think.

14. ea42

Jan 1, 2006
    Grey Menace, that's quite a collection you have there! I think I spotted about fifty that you outbid me on:grumpy::D:D. What I meant in the above post was that I hadn't seen any of the actual boxes, but I do have a few of the knives. Only one, the stockman, is completed with etch, although it's hard to see in scans (my wife has the camera at work:rolleyes:). None are serialized, darned lucky of you to find those!:thumbup: I haven't seen the hunter either, although I have a feeling there are at least a few lurking around out there,for sure one photo sample. Here's a scan of the knives, as well as a couple of the other blue bone mystery knives:
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Eric

15. 6.0stroker

6.0stroker Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2008
    :thumbup:Very nice pieces fellas I have not had the opportunity to get any of these examples:grumpy: yet. As for the auction holy smokes:eek:you got to be kidding me.

16. Rusty1

Rusty1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2005
  17. ea42

Jan 1, 2006
    Hey Russell, I was actually the bid under yours! Sorry about that buddy, I thought I'd give it a shot at such a low price, even though I have one already:eek: You got it at a great price regardless, congrats!

Eric

18. DaveT63

DaveT63

Feb 26, 2007
    Nice one, Rusty. I'm no expert, but I think you got one of the real deals there. And for a great price, too.

19. Rusty1

Nov 6, 2005
    Thanks Eric, I had been looking for a while, now for the others in the set, I wonder Ha,Ha.

Rusty1

20. Rusty1

Nov 6, 2005
    Thanks also DaveT63, made my night, so far!

Rusty1