ANYONE SEEN THIS KNIFE BEFORE?

Definitely stag 110. Not sure about no name blade. May of been rebladed. Others here might know.

It looks like a factory 110 stag, damascus, with nickel bolsters. Looks all original to me. Has the right look of the damascus and everything.

nephron - Is it your knife? I noticed it listed earlier tonight. If it is not yours than my guess is that it is stamped but just hard to see it in the pictures.
If it is not stamped than my guess is that it is original but just didn't get stamped.
Sometimes the stamp is very light and a bit hard to see.

Years ago they had Damascus blades offered through the custom shop but I think they would have been marked.

It looks like a factory 110 stag, damascus, with nickel bolsters. Looks all original to me. Has the right look of the damascus and everything.

nephron - Is it your knife? I noticed it listed earlier tonight. If it is not yours than my guess is that it is stamped but just hard to see it in the pictures.
If it is not stamped than my guess is that it is original but just didn't get stamped.
Sometimes the stamp is very light and a bit hard to see.

Yes I bought late '80's from second owner.OP said it came in a shipment of knives at his local sporting goods shop, there were two of these among the others. He was comparing the two and noticed one was not marked. He liked the unmarked blade better and the clerk said if he changed his mind in a few days he would send it back for him. Didn't think about the veracity of the story until I got asked about it and remembered the no markings. Several people also told me it was real at the time but I thought it would be nice to confirm it on here too.

They made these in the 80's. The blades were definitely stamped. So the blade is either a mistake or a fake. It looks real to me.

4EFC7743-4926-4464-ADD9-07CF7F358DF7.jpeg I got this one new in 1989 through a large retail sporting goods store. 110 Damascus Stag. I still have the box it came in and the original leather sheath. I lost count on the deer I have field dressed and processed over the years as well as small game and fish. I now keep it mainly for the sentimental value but it’s still in excellent shape. It always kept a very sharp edge and easy to re-sharpen. It’s my favorite.

It has no markings but was sold as a Buck Knife with Stag, Damascus Blade and Silver Bolsters, bought in middish '80's probably. Anyone?View attachment 1092290 View attachment 1092291 View attachment 1092292 View attachment 1092293 View attachment 1092294 View attachment 1092295
I can definitely see hints of a tang stamp , looks like it got a real light strike that only gave part of the tang stamp at that.
It's just much harder to make out since the blade is Damascus.

I purchased mine new in 1989 (V) and also carried it and used it like Lesknife. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Why else did we buy knives back then, but to use them!

I remember paying around 70 bucks for this at a local fairground outdoor show stand. Way more than I could afford to spend at the time. The one I held and said yes too was perfectly matched, blade and handle. The one they handed me in the box and I took home before opening was this Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde mismatched knife. But I learned to love it's unique personality and it cut everything in site. What a great knife it is!

Buck110_05_zpstk7mdazq.jpg

Buck110_03_zpszuaqlhbh.jpg

Buck110_04_zpsyukqwina.jpg

I purchased mine new in 1989 (V) and also carried it and used it like Lesknife. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Why else did we buy knives back then, but to use them!

I remember paying around 70 bucks for this at a local fairground outdoor show stand. Way more than I could afford to spend at the time. The one I held and said yes too was perfectly matched, blade and handle. The one they handed me in the box and I took home before opening was this Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde mismatched knife. But I learned to love it's unique personality and it cut everything in site. What a great knife it is!

Buck110_05_zpstk7mdazq.jpg

Buck110_03_zpszuaqlhbh.jpg

Buck110_04_zpsyukqwina.jpg
Good looking handsome knife

I can make out a U in Buck, I think part of a date
code, and definitely the A in USA.

If somebody is working off their computer (not their phone like me). They could take both pics, the one with and one without the stamp, make them equal size, put them next to each other and compare.

If somebody is working off their computer (not their phone like me). They could take both pics, the one with and one without the stamp, make them equal size, put them next to each other and compare.
Probably, but I too use my phone.

I tried but my photo editing skills are very limited. I do use my iPhone at work on hard to read labels and tags. I snap a pic and zoom or magnifying and even the most faded numbers and letters jump right out. Sometimes I will edit the pic to a different light or color to enhance the legibility. Maybe if the op can try it maybe it can be verifiable.

Back