anyone throw machetes

k just threw my machete from 10ft and it stuck real well i used the hammer grip with a quarter turn it was awsome
but i could see it being affected by the strong wind if i was to try 20ft so ill try that a bit later right know ima go eat

Or dip it in kerosene, light it on fire and then throw. The flames will consume the wind (see fire burns oxygen) and render it several times more aerodynamic. Of course the handle can't be on fire - unless you get some asbestos gloves. Definitely try this out first inside, 'cause it might fly too far outside and cause damage to things way farther than you expected.

Or you could tie the machete to a chicken and also glue shards of glass to the chickens feet. Then light and throw said chicken at thine foe. Chickens can get pretty pissed, but they don't always differentiate between thine foe and thineself, so be forewarned.

P.S. The Hammer Fist with a quarter turn used to be my favorite, but started developing blisters, so now go with the straight-up "Stranger" technique... oh sorry, you were talking 'bout throwin' things, my bad.

Dave

Or dip it in kerosene, light it on fire and then throw. The flames will consume the wind (see fire burns oxygen) and render it several times more aerodynamic. Of course the handle can't be on fire - unless you get some asbestos gloves. Definitely try this out first inside, 'cause it might fly too far outside and cause damage to things way farther than you expected.

Or you could tie the machete to a chicken and also glue shards of glass to the chickens feet. Then light and throw said chicken at thine foe. Chickens can get pretty pissed, but they don't always differentiate between thine foe and thineself, so be forewarned.

P.S. The Hammer Fist with a quarter turn used to be my favorite, but started developing blisters, so now go with the straight-up "Stranger" technique... oh sorry, you were talking 'bout throwin' things, my bad.

Dave

Dude......greatest idea ever:D

I throw a meat cleaver occasionally (hard on the target...); If that works I don't see why a machete wouldn't. Occurs to me a machete from a garage sale or whatever would be a decent source of material for a better throwing knife.
You'd need a grinder/belt sander, but the blade material is pretty thin on most of these.

I got a shiny new angle grinder for Xmas, might give it a go.

Back