Anyone watching the AAF?

Monofletch

Basic Member
I was wondering if anyone is watching the Aliiance of American Football tonight. Seems like a good idea. Some of the new rules are interesting.

I guess not. It was pretty good. I will watch more as it is on TV. I wish St. Louis would get a team

Never heard of it until just now. Looks interesting. I’ll try to watch the next game to see if it stacks up. I’m surprised this is the first I’m hearing of it.

I watched some games on youtube. I liked it. So so football is better then no football at all imo. Football and hockey are my two favorite sports to watch. The NBA and MLB doesn't hold my interest. I hope it does well. A "minor league" for the NFL makes sense. I'll continue to watch it this year.

The announces of the game I watched had MJD, Coach Marvin Lewis, and some guy I never heard of. They were horrible. Like the players, I hope they do better with experience.

I might watch some although I'm more of an NFL fan than a football fan per se. I'm pretty sure I'd watch more if I didn't have 700 channels and never figure out what to watch. :eek:

I think its a good idea. The fact it is going to be on NFL network also tells me that the NFL isn't going to try to crush it like they have done with every other league (WFL, USFL, XFL)

I like the fact that they are experimenting with no kickoffs and some instant replay stuff but also the fact you can actually tackle the quarterback.

I watched a few games this weekend and really enjoyed it, I'm a football junkie and love the offseason football. The production quality was better than I expected, very professional, did not feel like televised high school games or anything. I think if it works it could be a really good thing for player development, especially in areas like the offensive line and QB that are so hard to properly develop.

I am still trying to pick my team, so far Birmingham Iron is in the lead, but still open.

Spurrier seems to be enjoying it.....the AAF is right down his alley.

I'm going to give it a try for sure. After that fiasco with the Colin Kaepernick bull:poop: and other players taking a knee during our national anthem has turned me sour on the NFL and the way Roger Goodell handles their problems I.E. 4 games for Tom Brady NOT letting air out of game balls! What a joke! meanwhile other players have been on the news for beating their wives/girlfriends, or getting caught with Drugs and they continue to play but Tom Brady (The Goat) is a Cheater, A cheater who just won his sixth Super bowl and he didn't throw one touchdown pass! I'm ready for some change and this might it. BTW Goodell is a first class D-Bag. Now I have to pick a team to follow :confused:.

Geez NHL owner kicked in 250 mil to AAF. The Athletic reported the league was in trouble and might not make payroll. Not good for 2.3 weeks into the season.

Geez NHL owner kicked in 250 mil to AAF. The Athletic reported the league was in trouble and might not make payroll. Not good for 2.3 weeks into the season.

Yeah, I heard that they were having trouble making payroll already (after one week) and that tv views had fallen from like 2.3 million to 600K. The thing that surprised me was that they were having trouble with payroll so fast. I'd have thought that they would have had enough capital to pay people for at least the first several games.

I think a lot of that (ratings drop) is due to the fact they opened on regular TV channels and now you have to buy NFL Network and other pay channels to be able to watch. I don’t have those channels.

If it is pay channels only then I won't watch it as I don't have those.

Have they stuck to football and out of politics? If so, I would watch it if possible.

Johnny Manziel as an AAF QB? He just got banned by the Canadian Football League.

or maybe he is holding out for the XFL. He seems like a Vince McMahon kind of guy.

Back