Anyone wear moccasins?

I didn't quite know where to put this thread but figured this was safe...

Anyways, I am looking to get a pair of moccasins because my only pair is old and worn. They were just a $40 pair from a local sports store (I want to say the name is old friend or old friendly?), but its time for a new pair. I don't want to spend more than $100, but if someone has a good reason for why I should I am all ears :D

A couple months ago when I first thought of getting them I stumbled upon a site that had them made out of multiple animal hides and had many different styles...but now I can't find it. I have a feeling wolf was in the name lol.

I just want a pair I can wear around the house and outside when I go to class and stuff. Just a casual pair of slippers is what I want...with a laces preferably. But once again, I am open for suggestions.

Thanks for any help guys

1066vik

Gold Member
tandy sells patterns - you could make your own.
buy a side of decent leather, make your own, then once you have the process down, make a pair for someone else and get back the price of the leather?
Also - once you have a decent pattern, you can add about 3/8" all the way around and use that as the pattern for a shearling pair - winter shoes!

anyone here heard of Sodhoppers. I would like a pair of their stealth tracker ones with a goop sole, but I can't justify the price they are asking (200+). I would love to learn fro the fuy who makes them, but his tutorial is also outrageously priced (500 for a 4 dvd set).

tandy sells patterns - you could make your own.
buy a side of decent leather, make your own, then once you have the process down, make a pair for someone else and get back the price of the leather?
Also - once you have a decent pattern, you can add about 3/8" all the way around and use that as the pattern for a shearling pair - winter shoes!

Hmm..interesting idea. I will have to consider that!

Minnentonka I kind of ruled out...just because I would rather pay a little more for something that wasnt made in a factory

ETA: I actually don't even know if they are made in a factory...so I guess I shouldnt say that :foot: