Anything new at Tinives

Is Tinives still even in business?
I've heard nothing from them for a long time.
Oh well, their knives weren't that great anyway.

While I have never had the pleasure of handling a Ti Knife, I really like the design. Something with a little class and a welcome break from all the tactical knives.
I would welcome some more comments from those who own a Ti Knife. Fit and lock up, company service?

------------------
Aloha

I begtodifferwith you on the quality of Tiknives my friend. I have a dresser that is top rate andas soonas I have the money savedup I am getting a one of the tacticals. They are one of the smoothest opening knives on the market.....IMHO

I beg to differ with you on the quality of Tiknives my friend. I have a dresser that is top rate andas soonas I have the money savedup I am getting a one of the tacticals. They are one of the smoothest opening knives on the market.....IMHO

KAJNIN

Why do you say that "their knives weren't that great"? Do you have any experience with them? If so what was not good about it?

I'm with Hawaiian on this. I'd like to here from anybody that's got one. The price is kinda high, but if it's worth it I'd like to know. I don't mind spending extra dough on quality. I like the looks of them, but you can't really make a judgement call on that alone.

I agree with Royo. I had a blue Tinives dresser, and fit and finish were immaculate. There isn't a smoother action out there. Yes, they are still in business, just very busy, I heard they unveiled some nice pieces at the SHOT show. And you would be hard pressed to find a nicer couple than the Self's.
Kanjin, have you even owned one? Why does it seem if one does a search under your name here that you just like to stir the pot with negative stuff, usually about something you're ignorant about?

TiNives is most definitly still in business. As a matter of fact that is the reason this forum has been slow. Scott has been at the machine shop making the parts for the new double action thet we plan to have ready to ship very soon. We have come up with two new pocket clips for the knives, very sexy ones at that. We are also starting on an all new model that is sure to be a hit with those of you that appreciate quality and value in your autos.

Larry

[This message has been edited by Larry Chew (edited 02-06-2001).]

If Mr. Chew is involved, then quality is a given. Any pics of the new models available?

------------------
Aloha

The newest model is the D/A. It has the same outward appearance as the other models, just the internals were changed. The D/A is a liner lock with a kicker spring, and of course it has my VooDoo!

As for the next model in line the pattern is yet undetermined. What would you like to see? The options are to do another solid aluminum handle as the original utilizing the 3D machining or a built up construction with liners/bolsters/handle scales. Perhaps it could be something completely different. One of the goals is to make a less expensive model. I am almost certain it will be a D/A regardless of what it looks like. It may even incorporate some of my new VooDoo!!

Larry

OK, now you have my attention. I am growing tired of all the tactical models. I have always liked the classy, sleek look of Ti Knives. Of course it must me an auto. DA is even better. A 3.5 inch sleek blade model, satin or HP only, no bead blast or galvanized looking stonewash please, with not only plain silver handles, but also some nice streaked, not splash, color handles would be nice. Solid colors are nice also. And you are correct, if they were a little less expensive they would sell many more. Please keep us advised. I will take one, with VooDoo please.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Aloha

Just ignore "KAJNIN" ...most of us know his story...

I'd like to see a cross between a Sebenza, and the late / great SpeedTech!!! Why not pick up where they left off? Maybe Jim O'Young could have a hand on there somewhere? A Ti. handled, M/A & D/A with satin / stonewashed blade would rock. It's definately time for a different design though, and maybe a hidden release? I'd like to see some pics of the new clips. The new model should also sport a 3.5" blade. Good luck guys...maybe I'll be a TiKnives customer yet.
smile.gif

-AR

BTW, I know it kinda defeats the purpose of trying to make a less expensive knife, but look into using S90V, BG42, or even a limited run of Talonite.
wink.gif

..keep "tactical / utilitarian" in mind.

-AR

Dear Mr. Chew;
From what I'm reading on the Auto Knives Forum, Classic Italian Stilletos - of good quality - would really be appreciated.

An updated version utilizing your technologies would be a certain hit amongst those wanting an elegant but modern new addition to their collections.

Thanks,
Ed E

kajnin:I don't make it a habit of even dealing with a person with the mentality of yours but in this case I am going to make an exception.My question is this.What kind of person[and I use that word loosely] makes that kind of post in a makers Forum.Email me off line and I will really tell you what I think.
Sorry TiKnives but this buttbrain bothers me.

------------------

have a"knife"day

Back