1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anza knives

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by vanjo, Apr 18, 2008.

1. vanjo

vanjo

Oct 16, 2007
    Does anyone have an Anza knife? For me they kinda look nice. It will be greatly appreciated if anyone can tell me about them. Are they good knives? Are they comfortable?

2. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    The Boddington has the most comfortable handle (for me) of any knife I've owned.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. timsclips

timsclips

Nov 27, 2007
    I picked up a small hunter model to try out this brand, very nice. I will be buying a larger model in the future based on the small one I currently own.

4. topher

topher

Mar 20, 2005
    They're not necessarily the sleekest, or the prettiest. You won't find advanced super steels, or amazing space-age handle materials.

What you will find is an amazing value in an extremely hardworking tool that will take abuse and keep on going. It takes a great edge without much work, holds the edge relatively well, and for the price, you will be very hard pressed to find a better value.

I own half a dozen of them. ;-)

Also, Charlie Davis is a great guy to deal with. Really, a good guy.

Lastly, a lot of people forget that Anza will do custom orders to your specs, too. You can get an amazing custom knife from them for a very good price.

5. vanjo

vanjo

Oct 16, 2007
    Thank you guys for the quick replies. there is something about Anza that i like, couldn't pinpoint what though.:confused:

6. jaislandboy

jaislandboy

Aug 8, 2005
    are Anza knives made from W-1 steel :confused:

7. CWL

CWL

Sep 15, 2002
    Anza knives are great! Charlie used to have Paul Bos' job at Buck heat-treating steel so he really knows his stuff. Sharp edges too.

His knives are all no-nonsense so you won't have any tactical doo-dads on them, they are old school and meant for hard use. Because of this, you shouldn't mind putting scratches on them.

Only one warning, because they are made from tool steel and still have some of the original file on them, they can hold moisture and rust easily unless you take care keeping them well oiled (I use wax on mine and haven't had a problem.)

8. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    I started with one,am up to 7 now,which won't be the last.
    For me,they are a true grit knife,that you don't mind using,it's pure and simple
    in design and materials that do the job. I collect Scandinavian knives also,which are also a pure and simple knife. The Anza, is the made in the USA Scandi [​IMG]

9. Leatherface

Leatherface

Dec 3, 2005
    anza's are great knives for the money

10. rnr

rnr

Jan 6, 2004
    They're made from FSxxx. File Steel whatever.

11. El Lobo

El Lobo

Sep 6, 2002
    Very functional and practical. And, as mentioned, Charlie is a good guy who knows his work.

From small utility...

[​IMG]

To the kitchen...

[​IMG]

To some one of a kind work...

[​IMG]

Bill

12. jaislandboy

jaislandboy

Aug 8, 2005
    thanks for the info rnr :)

13. myright

myright

Jan 31, 2008
    I've got one. It's a great knife for the money.

[​IMG]

14. dc50

dc50 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 14, 2006
    myright....Which model is that knife? I like the look :)

Dave