Apology to Anne and Chris Reeve

If there is enough time could you please not bother sending the test knife. I have been labelled a cheat and a person that used my opportunity to get a free Talonite knife to "bludgeon" respectable people like you and Chris. That was never ever my intent. However as much as it pains me to say this, I think you not sending a knife my way is for the best, even though those saying these things are wrong. Even though it would only be on loan and I would send it back, my name has been turned to mud. I again would like to thank you for your kindness and respect. If you considered that I was trying to get a free knife, please tell me that. If that is the case I am very very sorry. If you have no idea what I am talking about, look at the Busse forum and it is label Talonite v Busse BM. Thank you Anne.

W.A.

------------------
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Bronco

While these sentiments might be best expressed in a private email to the Reeves, a public acknowledgement probably should have been posted in the Reeves' forum. Cheers.

------------------
Semper Fi

-Bill

The General, I see that you say you are leaving, or will not be posting again in the Busse forum thread that has become so 'passionate'. That is your decision. But, I will not allow arguements from one forum to spill over here into the general (everyone's forum, not yours) forum.

I am sorry you are having so much trouble here at BFC recently. Please slow down a little and try to understand why your posts have aroused such animosity, and consider changing your posting style. Sometimes NOT responding to folks anger and accusations is the best course of action.

Since this post is addressed to the Reeve's, I am locking it here and sending it there. Have a good day
smile.gif

Paracelsus

You will all note this is the case. I did post it here.

I might add that this is a cut and paste of a private e-mail sent before I posted this. Thank you for listening.

I will take your comments on board 'P'. You are the first person to talk to me and not talk at me.

I do not wish this to become a 'virus', causing trouble for all. I ask that no one continues this 'war' and insult anyone else including Cliff Stamp. I will not be posting to those who insult or call names. When is an apology not enough? A better man will forgive, I forgive those who ought to think before saying such things. I am man enough to admit I made mistakes. I am a man.

'Respect is everything'

W.A.

Stupid, dumb, ill opinionated, pompus, cheat, thief and lier.

Well thats my name now... happy?
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by The General (edited 11-18-2000).]

Genral:
I think that any of the problems here have been your fault. Step back for a moment and realize what you are doing. You come in to a forum where us forumites discuss the knives we like and relate our experiences thereof. And here comes The General to tell us that we are all fools for buying such products. Then you have the nerve to try to get free knives. I would also venture to say that no one really cares for your test. It is not relevant. The uses for knives are as different as the people who own them. Do I care if a talonite knife can penetrate concrete? No. Would it bother me if you put a Sebenza in a vise and put 500 pounds on it and it broke? No. Would I be impressed if you cut down ten trees with a Busse BM? No. People who post here have a wide variety of experience with knives. We know what we like and we all have had experience with poorly made knives. We share our experiences as friends. You seem to come here to make trouble. People of this country are friendly, but if you want a fight, we people across the pond will give you more fight than you ever bargained for. I believe that your posts serve no useful purpose and that you would be better off keeping your opinions to yourself.

Not responding to that. Oxymoran/pun not intended. I like apples, and cheese, yes cheese is nice. I never did like cheese until I accidently took a bite from a burger with it on. I now like cheese.

I also like Sebenza`s I am very lucky to have a friend who trusts me with 'Honor'. I have bitten the apple and it is sweet and tasty.

Life is like that, once or twice you get a rotten apple the others are good.

"All I can say Tom, is thank you for the trust and the chance to do this. I am smarther than some and dummer than others. My dad always tells me "you have two ears and one mouth, use them in that percentage and you won`t go far wrong" thanks dad!
If I keep thanking you, it is only that the chance to do this took me by total surprise. How many companies or people would make this kind of offer to a 'knife nut' with many friends in the industry but few credentials? Hey one Formite? Has even offered the loan of a Busse Battle Mistress for a comparitive test! Hell some of the best people I know (or rather don`t know) are right here on Bladeforums. You know, we are a better class of people!

Update, Nemo has offered to loan me his Sebenza in order that I can see if it is better than my Spyderco Military. I started a thread on this a few weeks ago, please look at the CRK forum. I am stunned by the generosity and kindness of members of this group. Words fail me...

Some of the members of Bladeforums have shown me that the world is not totally selfish, thanks for that. Thanks Tom, thanks Nemo, thanks Lurkers hey thank you everyone!

W.A."

A post sent by me weeks ago. Truth, justice and the American way.
rolleyes.gif

W.A.

------------------
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Wayne,

IMHO it's important to share our passions on the forums.
Huan chang "Hunter" Hsu used to be a Benchmade forumite (the first forum)

Thanks to his kindness and generosity he introduced me to Chris Reeve world.

"Honnor" is a old plain Sebenza he offered to me. He also ordered for me a leather pouch for me to carry "Honnor".
One year ago I have shown this classic handle ATS 34 knife to his father : Chris.
And I have bought a small BG-42 sebenza which my favorite pocket knife.

Thanks to "Hunter" I have broad my point of view.
We all need to learn.
And if we are stillalive in this worls our lesson is not finish.

I would love to see much more friendship in the forums.
It's great to meet other forumites.
I have met "Bluesman" and Damon. Such nice people. Such luck to meet and share.
Thanks to them I had the chanc to meet other great people.

This forums are meeting places.
People comes frome all the world even if the american seems to be much more present.
Let's enjoy this encounters.

Let's enjoy each others difference and each others different points of view.
Difference gives relief and two poit of view gives stereoscopy.

cheers,

JM

PS: now I need a Bill Moran Damascus Battle Mistress to compare it to my Opinel ! AND I NEED IT NOW !!
wink.gif

Spot on Nemo, spot on! I would like to thank all those who supported me when things got nasty.

Well the Infidel just bought a Sebenza! Large classic BG-42 steel. Number 6 of 50 if Frank is right. A lot of money, but well worth it! Just hope my Credit card can take it!
biggrin.gif

Thanks Nemo! Thanks Anne and Chris

A new convert is born. I never thought it would be me...
How wrong I was!

W.A.

------------------
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Well it was that or the delivery of the fleas of a thousand camels (shudder).No contest!
wink.gif

W.A.

------------------
Tennyson
Ranger motto

Genral:

Welcome to the family! I think one has to hold and personally inspect the Sebenza to truly appreciate the quality of these knives. Further appeciation will occur when you disasemble your Seb, clean and lubricate it should you find it necessary. May I suggest getting a tube of grease made for this purpose from CRK? A sheath from Gary Graley (G2) is also a fine companion for your Seb. A wood inlay IMHO is the best of the best of the Sebenza line. These knives are not cheap. The saying that you get what you pay for applies here.

Thanks Scott Dog, I will indeed look into getting some of that grease. I do like to strip and clean a knife. That is one of the reasons I like CRN. They have no problem with you doing this. In fact as far as I can tell they like you to do it! Makes a nice change! CRN seems an honourable and fair company. I am glad to be in this club. Have a good one Scott Dog and I hope to speak to you again, friend!

W.A.

------------------
Tennyson
Ranger motto

The next time the Brits get in trouble, get your weapons from your criminal class. They have plenty.
I will oppose giving you US weapons.
You haven`t paid us for the last lend/lease.
You deserve the govt. that you have.
Twice is enough. You did not learn.
Subjects are inherently despicable.
No entanglements with people who lack the guts to defend themselves.

Hey Wayne, I don't know what all the trouble is about, but I wish you the best. Take it easy and don't sweat the small stuff OK?
FNG, what the heck was all that about?

Keith.

Welcome to the forums Wayne.
We all share a passion for knives, and we all like hearing from each other.
That's why we all come here.
Opinions are just opinions. We each may individually object, but we still come here to learn.
One of my favorite "Pubs" indeed.
Bill

FNG, put a sock in it.

Don't turn this into a Brit bashing joke.

Leave that for the Politics area, ok?

W.A.

------------------
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!
Founding president and member number 1! Wana join?

rolleyes.gif
Yawn...

W.A.

------------------
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!
Founding president and member number 1! Wana join?

Back