arclite VS SRK

yes they are not even a little bit simmilar, but i dont care.

This morning i needed a waterproof dropcloth, failing to find one, i decided to cut up an old air matress, i figured that i would try my new arclite.

As i began cutting i realized that i had to force the knife through the job, it wouldnt cut very sraight or very fast, i soon tired of its lackluster performance and went for my CS SRK.

The SRK did the job, it cuts smoothly and quickly, the thing is a 6 in razor, it made sort work of the nylon and PVC.

I dont think that i am ever going to buy a knife made out of a cheap steel again, Carbon V may have its problems, but nothing cuts like it (i have 154cm, gin-1, 440a, and 420 knives)

Is this the knife :

http://onestopknifeshop.com/images/camillus/cam-cuda-120_sm.jpg

If so, was it sharp? It may be that it was too polished.

While the handle ergonomics are not exactly suited to heavy work, and the described edge geometry not high performance, I would have expected it to outcut the SRK.

Have you modified the SRK in any way edge wise? If the edge on it has been thinned out, or even sharpened at a slightly coarser angle its performance would have been elevated.

-Cliff

It could also be a factor in the material he's cutting. If the dropcloth is really long and wide, the long cutting strokes capable with the SRK and not the Arclite would have been a huge factor.

yes the Arclite was "that knife" the longer blade of the SRK was not a factor since i just had to push the blade through the drop cloth, no "strokes" were nessacary. The SRK is just a cutting machine, it came sharper than my benchmades, and it has maintained its edge even after i went and felled a few trees with it, carbon steels are great, when they are not rusting. Both knives have not been modified, and the arclite was able to cut hair when i started.

Back