Arctic white TGLB

crusher 2112

Gold Member
I acquired a TGLB with an Arctic white coating. Does anyone know for sure how many were made because I'm thinking of getting it stripped unless there are only a couple like it. Thanks.

I acquired a TGLB with an Arctic white coating. Does anyone know for sure how many were made because I'm thinking of getting it stripped unless there are only a couple like it. Thanks.
Artic white was a coating option when the TGLB's were in production so it wasn't a rare color to have at the time, but we don't see many come up on the exchange with that color so it's hard to say.

As stated above it was a regular order color option when in production. I know I’ve only seen a handful and couple of those were pics :) I’d guess and it’s a guess, that it’s a low # ordered color option. My .02 worth is that I wouldn’t strip it.

If you want to strip it for your personal preference and use, I would absolutely go for it! Honestly, there are far too many people on this forum that are afraid to use or modify their Busse because they think that what they have is super rare and/or valuable. The fact is that there are a lot of fairly limited releases and colors of Busse's; while there may be a limited of knives in a certain color/material configuration, there are a LOT of configurations. Also, the secondary market prices are quite low in general now as well. Strip it, use it, enjoy it, and don't look back!

suM3KS

If a standard color option that was offered on the production run is rare it's probably because no one wanted it. Strip it, beat it, resharpen it, and put its value to use.

I'm with Zombie - but I'm also mindful that, there could come a day, in the future a new piglet comes along and befallen to an acute addiction may want to collect all the combo's. I've seen a couple white ones but how many are out there? who knows. If that happened to have black/tan G10 it would certainly look cool but in my case all the more motivation to strip it.
I ordered a combo on a new release many moons ago and when I asked it was thought to be the only 1. Didn't make it worth any more when I passed it on to someone who could love it more than I did. End of the day? it's a TGLB, that's all it needs to be in order to be desired :D

edit- just saw the pic- Me? she's getting naked :thumbsup:

Back