are all Emerson knives have chisel grind?

lc1

Just a quick question. Do any of the Emersons have a V grind? I believe the mini CQC-7A does but someone told me that the mini Commander has it too. Is this true.

Thanks in advance.

none of the emersons has a traditional "v" grind like say a spyderco endura plain edge (or just about any other spyderco for that matter).

EKI calls them something other than a chisel grind but they neither cut/nor sharpen like a traditional "v" grind.

not that thats bad mind ya, but if i had a nickle for everyone who bought a commander and thought they were getting a traditional v grind then complained i could buy a commander lol.

nothing wrong with the grinds though they work just fine for there intended use imho.

Ok, I'll say it once again............the ONLY difference between an EKI V-grind, and the Spyderco V-grind is the EDGE. Emersons such as the 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, Persian, Commander, and the "A" bladed knives are absolutely V-ground. Don't let the asymetrical edge scare you away. They cut just like any other non-chisel knife.

E

lc1

Alright thanks. I was just concerned about the re-sharpening aspect. I use a spyderco sharpener usually and i wanted to know if I could sharpend the Emerson V ground blades normally using it.