Are all Striders still made in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to watch a youtube review of the DGG SNG. The reviewer makes a comment that he owns several Striders, and only the DGG SNG does not say 'S30V Made in U.S.A.'. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdzNrjlaRkU at about 4:20 in)

Does anyone know if the DGG SNG and all other Striders are still made in the USA?

I searched the forum and was unable to find anything definitive.

I suspected that. Any idea why the DGG SNG has both the Strider stamp, and logo but does not state its manufacturing origin? From what I understand, it's the only one like that.

I suspected that. Any idea why the DGG SNG has both the Strider stamp, and logo but does not state its manufacturing origin? From what I understand, it's the only one like that.

Don't know...

"This is clearly an example of Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

jack-d-ripper.jpg
General Jack D. Ripper

Last edited:
"This is clearly an example of Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

That's why I only drink rain water, distilled water, and pure grain alcohol.

Back on topic, I know sometimes "operator's" knives (and other gear) are sometimes left "sterile", without markings that can be traced back to anybody. 99.999% of that is mall ninja BS, but it is Strider we're talking about here. That, or some people just like their knives without a bunch of markings on them.

The unmarked ones are made by Mick with his bare hands. Hes cuts the steel with his super-laser-vision, then he hammers it with his ellbow, roundhouse kicking the framelock into place. After that they get quenched in virgin blood. See? No need for a stamp....

The SnG I have doesn't say much on it either. It has the STRIDER stamp on one side and the logo on hte other, that is about all.
The unmarked ones are made by Mick with his bare hands. Hes cuts the steel with his super-laser-vision, then he hammers it with his ellbow, roundhouse kicking the framelock into place. After that they get quenched in virgin blood. See? No need for a stamp....

That was hilarious! :D

I have a SNG CC 3/4 grind and a SNG CC flat grind that has the logo and thats it. It has Strider on the other side. No USA on it.
I also got a SNG that has USA under the logo. My PT has USA also.

Love this! :)

I hear some are forged in hell for superior heat treat. These knives would not have the USA stamp. Clearly these specially forged knives are meant for hard use but may not have perfect fit and finish as their crafters are more concerned with the knives ability to cut armor and doors

I can tell you one thing, whatever and however they do in their HT they are doing something right.

Back on topic, I know sometimes "operator's" knives (and other gear) are sometimes left "sterile", without markings that can be traced back to anybody. 99.999% of that is mall ninja BS, but it is Strider we're talking about here.
Striders are pretty much the penultimate mall ninja blade.

The operators I know use pretty common production knives, or the occasional weird, custom hunting knife. By comparison, everyone I know who owns a Strider has lots of money, but has never served. Just my experience (having once been a serviceman with very little money).

But yes, all made in the shop in the US, no outsourcing.

Striders are pretty much the penultimate mall ninja blade.

The operators I know use pretty common production knives, or the occasional weird, custom hunting knife. By comparison, everyone I know who owns a Strider has lots of money, but has never served. Just my experience (having once been a serviceman with very little money).

But yes, all made in the shop in the US, no outsourcing.

Penultimate? That usually means "next to the last." Perhaps there's a hidden or secret meaning to that word? And they're a "mall ninja blade" too? Sheesh...

Sounds like you're begging Mick and Duane to chime in here and set things straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back