Are Balisongs legal in Canada?

Hey guys, I'm a high-school student in Alberta, Canada, and recently I've seen a lot of websites on Balisongs. I'd like to buy one, but I havent seen any in stores here. I was just wondering if they're legal to posess in Canada. If anyone could help me out with this question, I'd really appreciate it. thanks

WWind, as far as I know, they are illegal all over Canada. I could be wrong, but I think they are illegal throughout the country.

Welcome to the forums!!! I guess that should have come first. Anyway, you'll find a wealth of info here...maybe even a way to get yourself a balisong!

------------------
Steve
(Third Mate for hire!)

Thanks Steve. My friend is going to Greece and Italy next week, and he says he'll try to bring me back one, and if that doesnt work out, knifezilla.com says that they deliver to Canada. The page said something about them using a special courier to make sure that they clear customs. I'm sure I'll eventually be able to get one!
smile.gif

well well smuggling Bali's hey:p
You would think they would have better things to seize like um drugs.

------------------
I have a sword in my pocket!

WWind - balisongs are prohibited weapons in Canada. The Caknucklehead legal system considers them to be opened by gravity/centrifugal force. (Which technically isn't accurate, they're opened by centripital manipulation, of which centrifugal force is integral component - so they get away with it) Automatics, gravity, & centrifugals are listed right at the top of Bill C-68, even before firearms.

Do a search on "laws" HERE and you'll find a number of really good threads on what's legal & what's not.

------------------
In-DEED!

[This message has been edited by willOthewisp (edited 03-15-2001).]

That's a big reason why I'll never live in Canada (I'm not saying that it's a bad place, just that it's laws suck worse than some of the US's). Good luck getting some balisongs!!!
smile.gif

------------------
Cameron

011.gif
"Look deep, deep inside and you will find a place of anger, vengeance, and brutality. Go there. It is your last hope to conquer the truly wicked."
uriel.gif

A few of my balisongs
My Photopoint album

>>That's a big reason why I'll never live in Canada

If you can handle the cold, Canada is suppose to be one of the best countries to live in the world. It's a wide open country also, anyone with a job waiting for them, can move to Canada and apply right away to become a citizen.

I know people who start out in the Philippines, and then go to work in Hong Kong. From Hong Kong they go to Canada and eventually when they become a Canadian citizen, they move to America.

Back