Are Hitch and Timber/pocket organizers worth it?

Slice-E

Gold Member
I've been looking into Hitch and Timber's pocket organizers specifically. They seem like a nice way to carry around multiple EDC items in the same pocket without them bothering eachother. The added weight of the leather organizer they sit in seems like it would be a bit inconvenient, and having to take out a knife from the organizer seems like an extra step added, instead of just taking a knife out of the pocket. What are your thoughts or experiences with Hitch and Timber, or pocket organizers in general? Has it been worth it for you?

nice product but my problems were as you described in my opinion anyway

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, they are most useful if you want to carry multiple things in one pocket (knife/flashlight/pen) and don't want them loose and clanking around in your pocket. Of course, if you need a knife to reach quickly, you can still have a folder clipped inside your pocket, along with a pocket organizer. I often use both together.

I don't have one of their pocket organizers ,but I do have an organizer in my pocket.
Like you I want to be able to draw my knife without taking the organizer from my pocket, and this is absolutely something you can do.
It depends on the organizer you have the size of your knife and the size of your other items, but having to take the organizer out first is not an absolute inherent trait of pocket organizers across the board.
I have prioritized drawing of my knife pen and mini multitool without organizer removal with my flashlight just being clipped to my pocket, and I can do it very easily with my items and the organizer I carry.
The rest of my items I'm fine with accessing with the organizer out of my pocket.

I would recommend taking another look on their site while keeping in mind the things you'll be putting in it, they seem to have a decent variety of models / options and there may be one you can draw your particular knife or flashlight from without removing it.

I'd also suggest looking at yellow birch outfitters, I don't know if they'll have what you want but I've had one of their organizers in my pocket every single day for almost 3 years now and can't recommend them enough.

I use a Runt 2.0 on a daily basis to hold a pen, flashlight, and small TSA compliant multitool (no knife blade). I've had mine over three years and it is nicely broken in. I like it because it keeps things from jostling around in my pocket and protects my phone from scratches.

Attachments

• IMG_6009.jpeg
    IMG_6009.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6011.jpeg
    IMG_6011.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 12
Back