1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any SAK modders, here?

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by DocT, Oct 4, 2018.

1. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Are there any SAK modders on this forum? I would like an Alox Cadet, with a 3rd row large scissors added.

2. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    I've done a few, but I suspect that what you want would require fabricating a new spring which is beyond my comfort zone.

3. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    I would be okay with just replacing the file with scissors.

4. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    It won't work. The spring for the main blade isn't thick enough for the scissors, and even if it was, you'd have to remove the main blade as well to make room.

5. Elandyr

Elandyr

Nov 10, 2004
    Just out of curiousity, can one use the scissors and back-spring from an 84mm Climber?
    http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Climber+84mm

6. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    The pin locations are different on the Cellidor models than the Alox models, so the spring will not readily transfer.

7. gadgetgeek

gadgetgeek

May 19, 2007
    If its something you are interested in, you might want to email Vic and let them know. 84mm doesn't get as much love, but they did do the Pioneer X, so maybe they would do a Cadet X if enough people asked.

8. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    I probably will email Victorinox about this. Then, I can wait 20 years until they decide to make it. Haha! I have actually seen pictures of a Cadet with scissors made by a modder but I cannot remember who did it.