• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Are there going to more Limited Edition or Regular H.O. Steelhearts made?

Walking Man

BANNED
You know, I was thinking,
that the price for an H.O. L.E. with all of it's options isn't really much more than a similar H.O. knife, and that's why I am buying one.
And then I started thinking, how many other people are doing the same thing?
So, Jerry, Garth, or whoever, what's the current tally? thanks.
It would be (not to me) funny if the regular H.O.s turned out to be more collectors items than the L.E.s.

You have a very good point. I would think a large number of those who ordered the LE's are planning to keep them as safe queens. After the years go by there probably won't be a large quantity of the regular models left in mint condition.

Dark Nemesis said:
You have a very good point. I would think a large number of those who ordered the LE's are planning to keep them as safe queens. After the years go by there probably won't be a large quantity of the regular models left in mint condition.
Actually, I hadn't figured the loss of regular H.O. over time into my equation, but you have another very good point on top of my good point.
I went back and took a look and the regular H.O. w/ Satin finish and Snakeskin magnum handle is $40 less.

Walking Man said:
Actually, I hadn't figured the loss of regular H.O. over time into my equation, but you have another very good point on top of my good point.
I went back and took a look and the regular H.O. w/ Satin finish and Snakeskin magnum handle is $40 less.

Holy cow, I never realized the prices were so close. The satin finish on the regular HO is almost certainly machine applied in place of the LE's hand applied finish. I can't wait to see the tiger scales on a really good satin finish.

Hey guys.

It may be splitting semantical hairs, but they really should be referred to as Special Editions, rather than Limited Editions.

If the approach was to only produce a predetermined number of knives, then that would be a true Limited Edition. Right now, as many LE HO FSHs will be made as orders are taken. That's not very limited. Say there are 500 orders for LE HO FSHs and 50 orders for standard HO FSHs. Then which one is really more collectible? Now if Jerry said up front, we're only making 100 LE HO FSHs, first come, first served. If you score one, then you have something. As it stands now, when you order a LE, you're really just paying more $ to get a prettier, more well fnished version of an otherwise fantastic knife, but not one that's necesarily more rare.

My 2 cents...

Back