Are these KA-BARs any good?

Anyone know which KA-BAR models these are, what steel the blades are, and whether one or both would be worth picking up for $12 each (or for any price, for that matter)? The price is attractive, but if they're junk it doesn't matter how cheap they are. I can see they are both KA-BAR, but I'm guessing they are discontinued models, because I didn't see them on KA-BAR's web site. Based on the site, it looks as though they use AUS-8 on quite a few of their folders. Thanks!!

P.S. One or both of these would serve primarily to hold off my jones until my Delica 4 and Dragonfly arrive!! I imagine that once that happens, the KA-BARs would take the back seat (or be sold or given away).

I've never seen KA-BAR folders with opening holes. I could be wrong...but they look bogus to me.

Actually, I bought a Ka-Bar similar to those two about 2 years ago from Big5 and i thought it was going to be a total crock but I was pleasantly surprised, the things a beast, I've put it through some tough tasks and I've only needed to sharpen it once, it's got no blade-play and it locks up good and hard. Granted it's not really pretty anymore but I could care less, so if it's 12 bucks I say go for it.

some years ago I bought a ka-bar at Big 5, I sould not find reference to it anywhere, but it has held up well...

Back