Are they the same

This is an honest question. I know they are not exactly the same but is the okc3s a sp6 with serrations and a handle with bayonet clip. From they eye they look like the same blade

Last edited:
I was asking because I like the okc3s but I just didnt want the serrations and if they are the same blade I will just purchase the sp6.

Last edited:
I don’t see much difference at all, other than the 3S has serrations and a sharpened swedge of course, and the SP6 does not. If you don’t like the SP6 handle, the FF6 also has the same blade design with a more traditional handle, and the Chimera has it as well.

Yes, Tooj had posted that the okc3s, the Chimera, the Freedom Fighter, are all based on the SP6. The SP6 predated the others, and the blades, except for the serations on some of them, are SP6 design.
I have an earlier SP6 with a sharpened swedge, so that used to be the way they were done. For legality issues in some States, they decided to do away with sharpening the swedges on the SP6.

Only reason I got a SP-5 bowie was because I could carry it legal with out the swedge. I had several cops trying to "SEIZE" and "CONFISCATE" A.K.A. STEAL MY STEEL because they liked it. A few even said I "Deliberately" had the nerve to "DARED TO MAKE IT LEGAL" so they had to "SEIZE" it on "PRINCIPLE ALONE!". I told them it is legal as you stated and look at the swedge, the coating still was on it. And I'd be happy to turn it over to them under threat of their use of their gun and let them steal it from me under protest and I demanded a receipt. Every time their superiors showed up and chased them off when they saw I was staying legal with my out doors steel. And I wasn't running around hacking and slashing at "Imaginary" foes. Just had the knife on my belt or in my car as I was just going in town for the survival food of Doritos and beef sticks and jerky and diet Ginger Ale.

Back