Art In Stone as photographed by Darrell Gulin

One of the top Photographers in the country bought two of my knives and came out to my shop to pick them up as he lives just a bit over an hour away. He was pretty amazed by the stone in my shop and has spent several days in the shop with me so far. He has even been taking stone home with him to photograph.

I traded two more knives and my hours of work for signed photos he prints onto canvas with the photo area being 13 x 19 inches.

I also have over 100 photos he has given to me to use any way I choose so I am going to try to post some here as they are amazing. He is also going to modify his website to add a section for stone from my shop but probably not until he gets back from the South Georgia Islands photographing the King Penguins in October.

Here is his website and hopefully I will be able to link to the stone photgraphs in a couple of months!

http://www.gulinphoto.com/

This first photo is Dinosaur Bone. He has already shot probably over 100 photos of Dinosaur Bone and will probably have a section on the website designated for just Dinosaur Bone. He was astonished by the amount and variety of Dinosaur Bone I have in my inventory.

attachment.php

Attachments

• _T2C0120.jpg
    _T2C0120.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
I am trying to remember how to post the larger photos without having the thumbnail too.

Shattuckite -

attachment.php

Attachments

• _T2C9695.jpg
    _T2C9695.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 389
This one is one of the yellow version of Amethyst Sage. I will post more later as these are some he sent to me by email. I have a CD from him that I will need to download and save and it has over 100 photos. He shoots the photos in 63 megs. I think my camera at its best resolution shoots an 8 meg photo....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
I am having too much fun so here is one of Tiger Iron from Australia.

attachment.php

Attachments

• _T2C0428_1.jpg
    _T2C0428_1.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
This is Mount Brockman Tiger Eye from Australia.

attachment.php

Attachments

• _T2C0217.jpg
    _T2C0217.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 382
Hi Mike, enjoyed the photo's and will be watching Darrell's website for the stone pictures. Really like that piece of Dino Bone. Later Gene

Kansa - Dinosaur Bone mosaic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mosaic dinosaur bone.jpg
    mosaic dinosaur bone.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 377
Morrisonite - The "egg" is about 5 inches across.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Morrisonite.jpg
    Morrisonite.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 372
Mike,

Your Darrell Gulin photo's are fantastic. The Dinosaur Gem Bone Mosaic is the BEST ever. I will sure be interested in his art of your great stones. You two make a great Art Team.

Dennis

Absolutely gorgeous photography! Stunning photography, amazing stone & meticulous craftsmanship will be an awesome combination.

I have talked this over with my wife and I beleive we will probably be putting some of the signed original pieces up for sale and see if there is interest in buying the artworks. Darrell has copyrighted the artworks he has paid me with so usually there will only be one signed original on canvas and possibly one on a ultra high gloss platinum paper of each photo unless I and Cheryl ask specifically for another signed copy.

Graveyard Point Plume Agate -

attachment.php

Attachments

• _T2C0041.jpg
    _T2C0041.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 348
My wife has selected the signed photos on canvas she wants and so we are listing some of the rest on Ebay. Here is the link to the one for the Chrysocolla in Quartz knife with what I refer to as the "alien world" scales. In fact the photo was taken of the preform for the scales on the knife currently listed on Ebay.

http://cgi5.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll

Attachments

• 2012_09120010.jpg
    2012_09120010.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2012_09120011.jpg
    2012_09120011.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2012_09120012.jpg
    2012_09120012.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 17
The "Oregon State, McDermitt Purple Jasper" is sweet!

Maybe I shouldn't gripe about the overtime I'm working right now. Maybe in the end I will finally have enough for one of your works of art.

Back