Art

Hello everybody, I searched to see if there was another thread along these lines, but I did not see it. If this is in the wrong section, please feel free to point it out and help me move it if you can.

Now to the pork and beans of it....

Art. I would call many of the knives I see on here art, but.... I'm looking for something different. I would like you to please share any works of art you have made. These cannot be knives (wrong place) but anything like sculpture, engraving, sketching, painting, scrimshaw, woodcarving etc. is acceptable. I'm talking about stuff that's primary purpose in this world is to be something pretty to look at. There happens to be a lot of carving, scrimshaw, and engraving that is art and is on a blade, but unfortunately that is a no-no in the community forum. I'm not sure how to get around that, but it's the rules. However, I think drawings etc. of knives could work :D.

Please, do share.

To start it off, here is one of my own meager attempts at art.

I can't seem to scan things or take photos for turds, sorry. I saw a photograph of a homeless man blind in one eye, I tried to draw him. I wish I could find it again.
CarlsDrawings002-1.jpg

I had to look up Jack O'Neill to see what he looked like, they are both a bit scruffy and one-eyed. I had someone tell me it looked like the main character from "The Road". :confused:

Your stuff is definitely psychedelic, and even a little twisted. Not really my "thing", but done very well:thumbup:.

Your stuff is definitely psychedelic, and even a little twisted. Not really my "thing", but done very well:thumbup:.

I have trouble with realism for some reason. I've tried it, but it comes out really funky. I also do tattoos, so I am affluent with traditional flash style, but I have yet to upload any pictures of that. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to seeing other BF members artwork.

Both of you have talent! Nice. I was hoping others share their work. I remember a similar thread a while back, and I also remember it being quite interesting.

Thank you Scott, I'm really looking forward to other members sharing their work as well.

Thanks Daft. I often have a hard time drawing anything. On rare occasions, few and far between, I have a moment of relative brilliance like the one above. Some things, like skulls, I've never been able to draw it seems.

Back