Article in Tactical Knives magazine

I just love the quality of these knives. Very affordable for the quality. The grind lines look almost identical to the forged knives my Randall Made Knives. I think you guys actually use a better stainless steel than Randall Made Knives. For Randall big blades they still use 440B and some 440C.

... For Randall big blades they still use 440B and some 440C.

I have seen a lot Excellent knives made of 440C. Secret is heat treating, but 440C is well know steel and there a lot of guys who knows how to work with it:thumbup:

Also I have seen a knife made of VG10 (also excellent steel) but it was not processed correctly and not holding edge now at all, worse then 440A...

I love 440C ,it takes a beautiful polish and is very corrosion resistant. It also holds a good edge and was the first "super stainless".
I have a feeling that 110X18 is a modified and improved 440C?

I am really impressed with the fit and finish as well. I have had a couple of knives that should have not been passed out of the factory but 98% have been fantastic and I am willing to bet the slight consistency problem goes the way of the crappy sheaths.

I can't wait for the kukuri!

Don't get me wrong. 440x is fine with me. I was just commenting on the quality of Rosarms and RMK. If it came down to price I would pick a Rosarms. I collect RMKs. I can see the differences. Rosarms is a nice substitute to consider. They are actually very cool knives. As for the sheaths, I just get one made out of Texas for my Rosarms. I've decided that personally I really don't want Rosarms to change their sheaths. That would just jack up the price.

As for 110X18, as far as I know it is mainly a ball bearing steel. Makes for a good knife blade. The only complaint I have about 440C is that most have enough carbon deposits in it that it makes it hard to sharpen very well. That is one of the reasons Buck switched from 440C to 420HC. You have to be someone, like myself, that started learning how to sharpen on 440C and 1095.

Back