Artisan Cutlery QC?

I had a Tradition, D2, G10, black blade. It was OK for the price, but the scales were not machined the same, knife was off center and couldn't fix it (blade may have been slightly warped, not sure). It was stupid smooth, best action of a knife I've had aside from my XM-24, which cost 8x as much! But I gave it away because I never used it, and would probably never use it. It is getting used now though, and the D2 holds it's edge really well from what I've seen.

I found the knife acceptable at the price point (about $45). If the expensive Titanium version came with the same flaws I wouldn't accept it. Seems like Artisan/CJRB is very spotty on quality and fit and finish. Probably best just to go with Civivi. All four of mine have been exceptional.

I have two AC knives currently. Been through about 5. All seemed Very well made. I’ve had a g10 version Archaeo and I have totl Ti version archaeo. Also have a brass archaeo. They are all well done. I’d put that Ti version up against any USA made knife any day. Perhaps I’ve been lucky lol

UPDATE

Artisan finally contacted me asking me to send pictures of the defect. I did. A day later got a response saying they would let the factory know of the issue and would contact me again later. That was 2 weeks ago and I’ve heard nothing. So I don’t think I’ll be wasting any more of my time with them.

Dealing with an AC issue now. Ordered Maileah direct, received the Maileah More. Emailed and called, crickets so far. Too bad there is no rep on this board. Cheap knife, but really wanted the small one, maybe they will respond eventually.

Dealing with an AC issue now. Ordered Maileah direct, received the Maileah More. Emailed and called, crickets so far. Too bad there is no rep on this board. Cheap knife, but really wanted the small one, maybe they will respond eventually.

I've had no luck reaching their rep via text, phone, or email on an issue for a few weeks now...

I was an early adopter of AC knives. The QC of the 5 AC knives that I bought were fine. I still own 2. Sold the others because they weren't my favorites; not becuase of any QC issues. Never bought any high end AC knives, just the low end G10/D2 versions which are fine.

I had a Shark about a year ago. The detent broke after a go through the washing machine. Gave it away to a guy with the skills to fabricate a new detent. I still have an exodus that doesn’t get much use

I've had no luck reaching their rep via text, phone, or email on an issue for a few weeks now...
3rd email was the charm, got an email last night with tracking number for replacement blade, hopefully the correct model. They did not ask for the more maileah back, will see.

I have 1 simple, inexpensive Biome slipjoint, and have no issues with it at all.

Back