Artisan Cutlery?

Hello BF,

I recently reviewed an Artisan Cutlery Interceptor. I really like it. Has anyone picked up an Artisan Cutlery knife? What are your thoughts?

your video is way too long. sorry 18+ minutes. cut it down to 4 or 5 minutes and stick to the important stuff and I'd give it a watch. as is I watched about 2 minutes and clicked off. lost my interest. if you are interested in feedback and critisism....if not ignore this^ paragraph.

that aside i have a waistline in d2. its okay for the money.

I have some of their knives, they are well made. A Ti framelock shark in s35v has become a regular edc.

your video is way too long. sorry 18+ minutes. cut it down to 4 or 5 minutes and stick to the important stuff and I'd give it a watch. as is I watched about 2 minutes and clicked off. lost my interest. if you are interested in feedback and critisism....if not ignore this^ paragraph.

that aside i have a waistline in d2. its okay for the money.

Thanks for the feedback.

Very ugly knives. Specific look for some people. I don't see mass appeal.

Heard good and bad from them thus far. Not anything out of the norm though. They just need better designs and better descriptions of materials. As there cf is g10 with cf layer.

The guy that goes to all the shows is really cool and informative.

Prices are fair it would seem. They have some unique items also.

Yup, better descriptions are needed. And they do have some knives that only their mama would love, but the quality is there. Long term use will decide how good they really are, but since at their price range there is plenty of competition, they know they have to put out a good product. As for the Ti framelock, I just got a helluva good deal here on the exchange, otherwise I really doubt I would have paid retail.

I just got a zumwalt in ti a few days ago and quality is there. fit and finish is there just a very early lockup i hope migrayes a bit to lock deeper. I like early lockup but this borders on return. I will keep it and use it tho cuz hard palm whacks dont disengage the lock and it will get better with use.

I just got a zumwalt in ti a few days ago and quality is there. fit and finish is there just a very early lockup i hope migrayes a bit to lock deeper. I like early lockup but this borders on return. I will keep it and use it tho cuz hard palm whacks dont disengage the lock and it will get better with use.

I have picked up five of their knives so far and plan on getting more in the near future too.

Very ugly knives. Specific look for some people. I don't see mass appeal.

Heard good and bad from them thus far. Not anything out of the norm though. They just need better designs and better descriptions of materials. As there cf is g10 with cf layer.

The guy that goes to all the shows is really cool and informative.

Prices are fair it would seem. They have some unique items also.

The designs are definitely out there. I think that is what actually drew me in. I have quite a few knives at this point so having a few that are downright weird kind of appeals to me.

Yup, better descriptions are needed. And they do have some knives that only their mama would love, but the quality is there. Long term use will decide how good they really are, but since at their price range there is plenty of competition, they know they have to put out a good product. As for the Ti framelock, I just got a helluva good deal here on the exchange, otherwise I really doubt I would have paid retail.

They are definitely jumping into a market with lots of competition. If they make it long term, I think it will be because of the unique designs.

Mine is breaking in nicely. At first it was very stiff.

So far I have gone with their G10 handles with linerlocks with D2 blades.
The Littoral is a Modified Wharncliffe with bent back blade that opens it up for a lot more tasks than a traditional straight Wharncliffe blade shape (in my experience). This is the one I have carried to work and used the most so far. The rectangle handle shape is fairly ergonomic because of the finger grooves and angled handle end. A great cutting machine!
The Shark is a dagger-style/drop point blade shape. The liners are left slightly over-sized, so they stick up over the handle scales. The low-carry pocket clip sticks into the palm of my hand when holding it in a standard saber grip. But I usually use a chef's grip when using it, so that goes away. Blade stock is fairly thick, it cuts okay, but it is more of a wedge.
The rest I haven't gotten around to carrying to work yet:
The Tomahawk Is a clever-style Wharncliffe with a finger choil at the base of the blade.
The Apache has a wider, slightly modified Wharncliffe blade that bends up a bit at the front of the blade.
The Falcon has a narrower, slightly modified Wharncliffe blade that bends up a bit at the front of the blade.
I have decided on three more knives from Artisan Cutlery:
The Zumwalt with a modified spear point blade. (I liked it better than the blade shape of their Tradition model.)
The Osprey is another clever-style Wharncliffe with a wide blade.
The Immortal is another modified Wharncliffe with a Fuller/blood groove.

I was attracted to the Artisan Cutlery line because of their designs, because they use 4" blades and their lower price point D2 steel option.

I already have the Waistline (kwaiken) and a Shark (drop point). I think that the Waistline is the most beautiful (as well as functional) kawiken available in the $50-60 range; as good or better than anything Boker offers. The Shark is a more practical general purpose and EDC knife which can be carried while wearing a suit/tie competitive w/other "gentlemen's" folders.

The Zumwalt, Dragonfly and Jungle are also on my "to buy" list. The Zumwalt is a spear point which could be used tactically and comes in D2 w/CF scales for not much more money. The Dragonfly is possibly the most elegant skeletonized knife I've ever seen; far better than almost equally priced Gerber and CRKT offerings to shame. The Jungle isn't the most artful but it has a wide 3.875" blade and I like it simply because I like big bladed folders.

Speaking of innovative design, I'm waiting to see if they Artisan Cutlery actually markets this automatic balisong prototype demonstrated here:

https://knifenews.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AutoBali.mp4?_=1
https://knifenews.wpengine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/AutoBali.mp4?_=1
Doubly offensive in anti-balisong/switchblade jurisdictions which is reason enough for me to buy one. ;)

Last edited:
Back