As a long time Kershaw fan I have a confession

to be honest-he didn't really knock the brand. he just said he wasn't liking anything lately. its something to talk about though. I-e.g. have looked up the Kershaws he said he didnt like and I discovered there are models I didn't know about that I like a lot. The echelon may be an odd looking duck but it appeals to me quite a bit.

I will say that this year the only new things from KAI I have any interest in are from the ZT line.

Sounds like you need a break. I'm not very brand loyal on knives, but tend to be USA loyal. Lots of cool stuff out there from various sources. Go and enjoy what other brands have to offer. I've had knives from all the big manufacturers. I liked certain models from each, including Kershaw/ZT. You're missing out if you just try one brand.

Ultimately, we're all knife nuts and buy way more blades than the average consumer. You've probably already done your fair share in supporting Kershaw ;)

go back in time a few years and get a kershaw RAM. Probably will only find it on ebay and maybe even with a "blem" but thats my favorite kershaw. Hard knife not to like

I have a RAM. Two actually, I liked it that much. I also have an OD-1, Zing, Skyline, Scallion, Blur, Leek, JYD II, Turbulence, (both styles of) Groove, Packrat, Ener-G (1 & 2), Salvo/Barrage, Random Task II, Piston, Echelon, and a Talon II. These are just the ones off the top of my head.
What I am saying is this: Over half of what is on my list is discontinued. Where are the great models to replace what Kershaw made in the past? What happened to the great quality at a wonderful price that first lured me into loving knives and specifically Kershaws?

My favorite "cheap" knife right now is a Zing blem that was made in the US with the sandvik blade. Just a little gem. It compares well to knives costing ten times as much.

the usa zing was nice I put bronze washers in it and was so much smoother to bad its discontinued.

What size did you use and where did you get them? I had my Zing apart recently and found myself wishing for some phosphor-bronze washers to replace the nylon ones.

I have no idea what size they are i have a bag with some spares and I had two different sizes I put the bigger one on the non locking side I bought a whole bunch from usaknifemakers but they really havent fit any of the knives Ive tried them on either the inside hole is to small or the outside is to big.

I'm in the same boat. Aside from the Knockout nothing really appeals to me.

I'd say definitely take a break and enjoy some of the other offerings. I've more recently started to enjoy all of KAI so I'm still playing catch-up in some regards but the great thing about knives are that there are many awesome companies out there so if nothing is striking your fancy now with KAI just check out some of the others. Personally ZT is more my flavor at the moment though I'm loving the Skyline.

Im making a thread in the ka bar forum stating why I dont like thier knives.

And benchmade
And buck
And sog
And boker
And busse
And lionsteel...etc.......

And DPX

Back