Ash-2

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by gunfixrjoe, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Rob_Mob

Rob_Mob

Oct 16, 2013
    Well guys -- we got what we wanted --- errr sort of. Ash-1 in SR- 101. Hopefully it comes in at a comparable Swamp Rat price point. If it's priced higher that'll be a little disappointing.

2. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I agree. The whole point of sr101 is its cost to performance ratio. Or so I was told.

3. engineerciv

engineerciv

May 13, 2013
    I am def down if it comes in under $300...

4. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Whatwhenwhere ?!?!?!!:eek:

5. Will York

Will York Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Better edge holding than INFI and still has the Busse unconditional warranty. Not a bad dealio. :thumbup:

Congrats all you ASH men!

6. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    A skinny would be cool. Or fatty. Or medium-y.

I'm cool with whatever. Just make the cost to performance ratio awesome and I'll buy a couple.

7. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Wooooooooooloooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. JavaHog

JavaHog

Sep 1, 2004

Pretty close to what I suggested. A very good move me thinks. Should generate a lot of business...

"Operation 2 Weeks" will be crazy specials and offers every month, (sometimes twice a month!) and will feature some retro designs that you haven't seen in years!!!

9. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy

Oct 15, 2009
    So if you drink enough the ASH2 can be deciphered aShR101? :D

10. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    I hope there's no way someone could easily strip these and pass them off as INFI. I feel sh!++y that my mind went there.

11. AZTimT

AZTimT The Stripetition Finish Guy

Oct 15, 2009
    That was one of my first thoughts which led me to hoping Battle Grade etched in the logo would be the obvious warning clue. One would have to be cautious of a sterile stripper though and if it rusts easily in satin, you would know you were duped as satin infi, or stripped homebrew satin infi doesn't rust. I would hope they would be marked under the handles somehow so the shop would know, but with all of the fakes out there these days, SR101 Busses will make them harder for end users to identify. Something hard to get around, like stamping Battle Grade, or BG in the spine or butt would make it much easier to spot, kind of like some of the old SH models that said INFI in the spine.

12. tinfoil hat timmy

Aug 21, 2014
    I believe you're on to something Tim. A hardcore etch on the blade would tickle me pink. Seriously.

13. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    You both bring up some excellent points. Another solution might be to deeply etch or stamp BG on the ricasso, deep enough that it would not be easy to remove without being noticed.

14. evltcat

evltcat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2011
    ^--- I'm with you here. If its SR-101, coated and skinny, hopefully we're looking at less than $300!

Thanks Will!

15. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    Hummmmm..... I do beleive that.....

BRING IT!!!!!!

Is an appropriate statement just about now......as the B8 crowd would say, that is :D

...hey Rags!.... How about a pic of the Busse battle cat to inspire the troops!

16. DaZ403

DaZ403 I Am INFI! Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    INFI INFI INFI!!! Satin to go with it! haha I like em purdy!!

17. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    OK--so where is it! TAKE MY MONEY!

18. gleason128

gleason128

Oct 26, 2013
    Glad we heard somthing! Now the wait

19. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    I WILL get a 101 ASH....of course I will.... but we really do need more INFI ASH... !!! I have sold my soul to the Custom Shop now....

20. DaZ403

DaZ403 I Am INFI! Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Exactly what he said!! Well put Andy!