Asher Knives Nomad Framelock

Dergyll

Gold Member
Hi guys. Recently bought this Asher Knives Framelock with tax money, saw it on YouTube and always like supporting small businesses.

S35VN, black G10, SS frame.

Blade: great shape, slicey, 8/10 sharp, very thin. Have not done cut test. No play.
Handle: very thin, kind of a clunky pocket clip but the shape fits in hand very well. G10 is just the right level of grip. No flex/play.
Action: bearings, feels very good but "loose", kind of like a hollow sound when flipping. Ranks behind Quitcarry, Rat2, and way behind Civivis. It's just a feeling, I checked the knife and theres 0 wrong with it.
Lock: framelock is good and easy to actuate. There is no fancy mechanisms...just a framelock like a cheap kershaw. If you pinch the lock even a little the blade will not open. Also I took a picture, the lock cutout is very rough, looks unfinished. Lockdown is very solid.

Conclusion: no nonsense, simple EDC, rough around the finish department but otherwise perfectly serviceable. Would I recommend it for the 75 I paid? Ehhh, hard to recommend with so many good alternatives. If you want to support business and get a decent knife in the process? Go get'em!

Solid B; with some improvement it would be a great carry. My 2 cents, thanks for reading folks.optimized-k6m3.jpg

optimized-q9yj.jpg
optimized-hhub.jpgoptimized-mk6r.jpg
Comparison next to Manix 2 LW.

Pennsylvania I believe. They come up on google and accept paypal. Ships quick. A knife in a box in a bigger box; no nonsense.

I have the Asher Knives Spiro Liner Lock ($75) and the Asher Nomad with Axis-style lock ($85.)

I bought the Nomad -- with its thin, 3.2 inch, nicely stonewashed, S35V steel; grey, G-10 scales, and thumb studs -- because it is comparable in size, shape and build quality to the standard BM Bugout but with better scales and price.

Out-of-the box, both were well-centered, with smooth actions -- and sharp!

These make great gifts or users.

Searching, I found a 10 percent off coupon.

Asher Knives appears to be a one-man operation. If Justin can accomplish this much at these modest prices, I can hardly wait to see what comes next.

Pennsylvania I believe. They come up on google and accept paypal. Ships quick. A knife in a box in a bigger box; no nonsense.
I believe they are headquartered & designed in the US but manufactured in China. Unless they are doing final assembly here.

Back